well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Drops of God

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Drops of God
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
Miniseries. Apple TV+.

It’s kind of a hassle to watch as it jumps between 3 languages and you have to depend on subtitles for most of it. The Apple subtitle thing isn’t stable and has to be restarted from time to time. Annoying, but worth doing.

It’s a remarkable film - story, cinematography, writing, acting - it’s all there.

I think you’ll like it.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34990 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I saw that yesterday and wondered about it.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13573 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Well now.. it's certainly a subject I'm interested in. Two actually. Redheads and wine.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13573 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Have you seen the “Somm” films? I think they’re up to four now.

They’re kind of hard to find but I’d bet you’ll like them.

Posts: 34990 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Where to watch the Somm movies. I'll check Kanopy (no ads) later tonight and confirm that they're actually there. Otherwise, there seem to be other places to watch that have ads if you want to watch for free.

https://www.justwatch.com/us/movie/somm

https://www.justwatch.com/us/m...somm-into-the-bottle

https://www.justwatch.com/us/movie/somm-3

Couldn't find a fourth one.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37994 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I think the fourth one is actually called “The Best Winery in the World” or some such. It’s about Penfold winery, which is not in France.

It’s in (I think) New Zealand.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Best wine documentaries? Steve, sounds like this is a genre that you're familiar with. Seen any of these?

https://younggunofwine.com/the...-wine-documentaries/

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37994 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Wow! What a resource! ThumbsUp

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
Well now.. it's certainly a subject I'm interested in. Two actually. Redheads and wine.

I know you're bummed about the French dumping all that wine, so here's something to take your mind off the pain:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world...placement=newsletter

Steve - We started watching Somm on Kanopy. Very interesting! ThumbsUp

Bazootiehead-in-training

Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
I think the fourth one is actually called “The Best Winery in the World” or some such. It’s about Penfold winery, which is not in France.

It’s in (I think) New Zealand.

The Penfold's I know is an Australian winemaker. I have learned after Googling them that they have also entered into US winemaking.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7425 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I got to taste a Penfold wine from one of those tasting machines where you get a credit card and a machine dispenses tastes until the card runs out of money. Most tastes are around $5. The Penfold taste was $40. I almost didn’t do it - that’s a lot of $ for a wine taste.

But Penfold wines go for upwards of $1000 a bottle and I knew I’d never get another chance. Was it worth it?

Yes it was, although it ruined me for $15 bottles forever. I’ve never had so much flavor hit me all at once. Wow!