well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Before Roe

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Before Roe
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted
In case we forgot.

The Janes

For all those women who fought for us, and for those to come after.

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I watched it when it first came out. Definitely worth the time.

For people who are thinking the current decision isn't that big a deal, this should be mandatory watching in my opinion.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
The decision yesterday is a very big deal. It’s an even bigger deal because Clarence Thomas wants the court to use the logic of this decision to think again about gay marriage, LBGTQ rights, contraception, etc. John Cornyn even said something today about Brown v. Board of Ed. I imagine he’ll say he was being sarcastic or joking, but I think he said the quiet part out loud.

I’m oh so very shocked that he didn’t include the interracial marriage decision on his list. Due process is really important when his own rights are at stake, I suppose.

Posts: 45748 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
What I found striking was Thomas’ unsolicited opinions on Lawrence, Obgerfell (sp?) and Griswold, three cases unrelated to Dobbs, in the written opinion on Dobbs. Yikes! HairRaising

SC justices are supposed to be better than this.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post