well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    How full are the hospitals near you?

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How full are the hospitals near you?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Interactive tool.

https://www.npr.org/sections/h...rously-full-is-yours

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37966 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
And the “how bad is your state” tool (cases and deaths)

https://www.npr.org/sections/h...ronavirus-in-the-u-s

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37966 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
I'd think the most informative charting would go by county. States have so much variance by demographics and income.

A friend of mind fighting to gain a remission from stage four ovarian cancer, just discussed her extra anxiety at learning our county's COVID hospital beds are i completely full . (Naturally, she is especially avoidant because of her extra vulnerability.)

In our case, it's the awful combination of being a large university town whose medical school is situated hours away because of a unique circumstance. (The Hershey family, thanks to their chocolate wealth, was able to essentially bribe Penn State's founders to build the med school in their factory's headquarters.)

That and because the university whose economy completely revolves around the university and its football team. (Thus we're also one of the only schools resisting most virtual education. The students mostly seem to go home for holidays too. They seem to think they've earned special dispensation because they are paying for the town - besides which, they figure they themselves are safe. "OK, Boomers"...)

Seems to me too that it's the rural areas which are medically underserved.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
The hospital information is by county.

My state has its own tools that are grouped by region; there are 11 regions in the state. They also take it down to the zip code level

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
The hospital information is by county.

My state has its own tools that are grouped by region; there are 11 regions in the state. They also take it down to the zip code level

I must be blind, as after what seemed an adequate search, I only found the breakdown on the state level. Bang Head
Will look again!

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
https://www.npr.org/sections/h...rously-full-is-yours

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Tucson is at or near maximum capacity.
New Mexico hospitals are full.

We decided not to drive to Colorado for Xmas. The best route is through New Mexico.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25714 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post