well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Did Mask Mandates Work? ...

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did Mask Mandates Work? ...
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted

Posts: 12541 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I can't believe this is even up for debate. But it's nice to have the data.

Edit: regression discontinuity design is a new one for me. It looks interesting. The closest parallel I've used is a cutpoint regression

Posts: 35383 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
As I said on FB, it's only rational that any sort of physical barrier would help, even if not infallible.

--------------------------------
"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13562 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
RD is a standard example of a "natural experiment," i.e. a situation where events, or in this case a policy choice, randomized people into treated and control groups. This is essential in demonstrating a causal connection beyond mere correlation.

Posts: 12541 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Yep, we used to do that with things like latent variable modeling but TBH it's been decades since I've built one from scratch and would have to go back and hit the books again if I had to do one now.

Posts: 35383 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I think I told this story but I walked into my PCP for a medication refill request and the woman behind the counter asked me if I had COVID!

I had to explain to the nurse that I was still wearing masks!

Sigh.

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post