well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Tell me about electric ranges
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tell me about electric ranges
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Axtremus:
Are you renting out single rooms or an entire house or entire apartment unit?
It's a single two bedroom apartment in a four unit building.

quote:
I never pay much attention to the appliances, rarely use them, rarely turn any TV on, rarely use the microwave, never "cook".

Interesting. When we were doing the men's trips one of the highlights was to go to the grocery store, pick up vast quantities of really good food and take turns cooking. Business travel probably wouldn't involve that.

quote:
I appreciate good, CLEAN bedding and CLEAN toilet/bathroom/towels for sure.

AirBnB magazine recommends white towels and bedding because you can bleach them, and they recommend that you do. White sheets look cleaner to most people as well - you can see any stains.

quote:
Must have good HVAC too!

An absolute must in PHX, and this complex is nice in that it has a central air conditioning system for each unit. Most of what we saw had noisy old window units. Also very PHX is the fact the A/C units are on the roof where you can't hear them run.

quote:
Good Internet connection is appreciated (less critical if your unit is in an area with strong cellular 4G/LTE/5G signals from all four major cellular carriers because the business traveler can just use cellular Internet)

The building is served by a cable company and I'll probably use that. I think at least basic cable TV is necessary because of the number of guys who won't go anywhere if it means they can't watch sports.

quote:
Predictability -- simple check-in, check-out process clearly communicated well ahead of time; make sure the space is ready before your promised check-in time.

We're getting recommendations for a good management company now. Very important.

Thanks!

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34975 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
How about bunk beds in the second bedroom to increase sleeping capacity?

Too much liability? Trundle bed?

Posts: 34975 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Bunk, no. Trundle, yes.

Things that upset me are no ice, no blankets or extra pillows, bad towels. Minimalist kitchen us ok. Dont skimp on lighting.

I think there should be basic supplies, like dishwasher pods, trash bags, salt, sugar packets.

And squeaky clean, please.

Posts: 19764 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think at least basic cable TV is necessary because of the number of guys who won't go anywhere if it means they can't watch sports.

You are right about sports, but many cable packages at home give you some form of internet access when you're traveling, don't they?

Posts: 45754 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
quote:
I think at least basic cable TV is necessary because of the number of guys who won't go anywhere if it means they can't watch sports.

You are right about sports, but many cable packages at home give you some form of internet access when you're traveling, don't they?

I've never heard of that. I'll check!

Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
Definitely have a Keurig. I hate them, but everyone knows how to use them and then you can leave a little variety of coffees and teas. Moka pits are great but fiddly to learn to use well so people trying to sort it out are unlikely to be thrilled with their results. Anyone who is that picky about their coffee will pack one.

More blankets than you think you’d ever need.

Ice. (I don’t care how it gets there but it better be there!)

Spices is a lovely idea, though I don’t think I would be willing to use random spices that had possibly been touched by previous renters. Salt and pepper is probably all you need. Anyone who is going to want to really cook will bring their own spices.

A local boutique hotel has hot chocolate packs and microwave popcorn packs in every room. I love that. It’s not wasteful since they can’t really be tampered with without notice but it’s a nice touch when you’ve done too much touristing and your feet hurt and you decide for an early night in the room. Actually, any little snacks food you could provide I think would go over well. Everyone has gotten back to a hotel room and been hungry and annoyed that they forgot snacks.

A phone charging station. Quick charge would be even better. They sell them with multiple types of attachments so people won’t walk away with the chargers. When I’m travelling being able to charge all the devices is always important.

A little selection of good board games would be lovely!

Sunscreen? I don’t know a way to provide that without it being dodgy but it would be a lovely thing to have.

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4097 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
quote:
quote:

Maybe in the US, but not everywhere so I wouldn’t rely on it (says the Canadian who get annoyed when she can’t use these kind of services people assume everyone has).

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4097 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
One place we stayed had bedside lamps with USB plugs in the side that made phone charging a breeze.

Motion control dim lights for nighttime bathroom excursions...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7557 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rontuner:
One place we stayed had bedside lamps with USB plugs in the side that made phone charging a breeze.

Motion control dim lights for nighttime bathroom excursions...

Interesting! What did the motion sensors do?

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dolmansaxlil:
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
quote:
quote:

Maybe in the US, but not everywhere so I wouldn’t rely on it (says the Canadian who get annoyed when she can’t use these kind of services people assume everyone has).

Fair. But then, U.S. cable might not have the kind of sports Canadian men are accustomed to watching, unless they watch U.S. football and basketball and baseball.

One thing I miss from my time in London: sheepdog trials.

Posts: 45754 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post