well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Sofia Coppolla vs. the Florist

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sofia Coppolla vs. the Florist
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted

Posts: 45763 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
We've been compensated by production crews twice in Arizona. Both times were highly lucrative, both times were for more money and less disruption. (They wanted to park equipment in front of our house, and plug some stuff into our house power.) There's definitely some creative maneuvering, but it seems like a lowball offer to me. And of course, there's no guarantee that the movie will ever even be released, so the free advertising value is not a done deal.

Posts: 35384 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Go florist go!

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33801 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
It happens. We had no notice when we were staying at an AirBnB on 18th between 1st and 2nd. One morning we woke up and the whole street was lined with tents and people. Woody Allen was shooting a film there.

We didn't mind.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13566 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
It happens. We had no notice when we were staying at an AirBnB in Gramercy Park on 18th between 1st and 2nd. One morning we woke up and the whole street was lined with tents and people. Woody Allen was shooting a film there.

We didn't mind.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13566 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
The biggest issue for me, when I've encountered that, is the parking.

They filmed big parts of the movie Labor Day at a house that was on my daily flight path in Massachusetts. What was particularly irritating was the police stopping traffic from passing for 15-30 minutes at a time so the movie wouldn't be interrupted.

Posts: 45763 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post