Find
Notify
Tools

Text
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
I'm seeing more and more people trying to business via text. They're mostly younger and do everything on their phones. I'll get a photo of an invoice and can I pay by Zelle? Venmo? (Paypal is out - they charge for the service).

I've started using airprint, but I'm not sure how this is going to work out. Today I drew the line when a guy sent me a photo of part of a contract - not the whole contract - and asked me to sign it and send it back. I'm not going to do that.

Various creditors (who should know better) now send me texts to remind me that my payment is due in two weeks. Would I like to pay online? Click here!

Brave new world, indeed.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34944 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
a guy sent me a photo of part of a contract - not the whole contract - and asked me to sign it and send it back.

Um, yeah, no.

I always tell students they should be using a proper laptop for completing assignments and accessing online content that I create. A lot ignore that of course. :/

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18468 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post