well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    I'm getting my vaccine tomorrow!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm getting my vaccine tomorrow!
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
It appears the Pentagon agrees with me:

Pentagon approves 20 additional COVID-19 vaccination teams

ThumbsUp

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34975 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Steve! Hope your reaction to #2 is as mild as your wife's (if I remember correctly).

Knock wood, it looks like WTF will escape almost unscathed. (The "almost" is Jodi's and Mr. Jodi's awful experience.)

Or did I forget someone?

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Chas lost his brother to the virus.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37961 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
I'm glad you were able to get the vaccine, Steve.

I thought my wife and I were going to get it yesterday. We had an appointment time confirmed by telephone at the site (an outpatient clinic of a local hospital), but when we arrived there, a line stretched beyond two city blocks from the entrance. We joined the line, but after about a half hour outside in the cold, a representative of the hospital chain came along the line announcing that the supply of vaccine was being used up and that everyone behind a point somewhere ahead of us in the line should leave because there would be no vaccine for them.

I'm back to searching providers at the PA state vaccine website in hopes of finding one where we can be vaccinated, but it's a very frustrating endeavor.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7413 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
Chas lost his brother to the virus.

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear this!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18568 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I'm not eligible for at least a month or so--I'm just barely too young. Ha ha ha. I'm hoping that once my wave is eligible there are more vaccines and it's not such a nightmare to schedule things.

Fingers crossed!

PS: It's worse in Canada, in terms of vax supply, at least as of now.

Posts: 35383 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Both Pfizer and Moderna have promised to double production within a few weeks and the J&J vaccine should be available by 2/28. J&J has already been in production for a while so the supply should increase dramatically by early March.

The J&J vaccine has the advantage of requiring only one dose.

Posts: 34975 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Got my first Thursday and took off for the Alabama coast. Problem is it is Pfizer and they require I be back in three weeks to get second. We were to be in the Keys 3/1-7 and I will have to cut that short. But it's worth it after a year of isolation. In any event, MFR can't get hers for a while so we have to continue to current precautions.

Did it at a major health system here where I am n MyChart. They messaged e to make an appointment. Openings every 15 minutes. Parking lot was small, but everything went like clockwork. From car to car was maybe 25 minutes. Quite an efficient machine.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13563 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
Our provincial government has been incredibly frustrating through this. I likely will not be vaccinated until August or September. I am in the lowest tier of priority (despite the fact that we were sent back to school buildings with students during the provincial “lockdown”).

The only people who have been vaccinated in our area are LTC residents and workers. I don’t think they have even started hospital staff yet, though I may be wrong.

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4097 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did it at a major health system here where I am n MyChart.

I'm also registered on MyChart with one of the two largest regional systems here in western PA, but I haven't heard anything. I've also registered with the other major system but haven't had any updates from them either.

I'm left with checking RiteAid and Giant Eagle pharmacies through the state website along with occasionally checking other locations in the region on the state map. I have to click the link for each one individually, since there's no generalized search available.

(Edit)Very shortly after posting this, I went to my e-mail and found a new message from MyChart which announced I had a scheduling ticket available (no mention of what the ticket pertained to). Upon logging into MyChart, I found the ticket was to schedule the first dose of a COVID vaccine. I am now scheduled to get my first shot in 9 days at a facility in my area. Now my wife is hoping to hear soon from MyChart as well. In the meantime, I'll continue checking the state website links on her behalf in case something turns up there.(/Edit)

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7413 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Good news, Big Al! ThumbsUp