well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    I'm getting my vaccine tomorrow!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm getting my vaccine tomorrow!
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
9:30 AM. Pfizer.

I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve. I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep! happydance

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34975 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
ThumbsUp

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25713 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
ThumbsUp

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37961 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
ThumbsUp

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18568 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
ThumbsUp

Posts: 24732 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
You guys are repetitive. What about ...

worthless

Big Grin

Posts: 12544 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Oh wow - that’s fantastic! Let us know how it is! My in-laws are getting their first shot this week.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20467 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I get my first tomorrow. Then we can head for Alabama beach, then on to the Keys.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13563 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
You guys are repetitive. What about ...

worthless

Big Grin

I thought it would be as simple as driving up and getting a shot through the car window. Not so - they've got quite an operation going.

Long line of cars lined up to get in to the parking lot. Once you got in it split to three lots and I think they have three operations running at once.

I was directed to a space in a parking structure, then to go down one level where people were queued up, 6 ft. apart. They had different lanes for different appointment times in 15 minute intervals. The line looked impossibly long but never stopped moving. Once at the edge of the parking structure the line split in two, presumably to two different processing centers.

At the edge of the parking structure they had me fill out paperwork and sign on a pad. The line then progressed to a queue under this tent. Again it never stopped moving. Remarkable efficiency.

Once out of the tent I entered a gymnasium, which was where the actual shot was administered. Huge space - must have had 100 separate stations. A few questions, a quick job and off to a waiting area.

The waiting area had chairs 6 ft. apart where I was told to pay attention to a huge clock on the wall and wait 15 minutes before leaving in case I had an adverse reaction.

I didn't so off I went. The whole thing took about 45 minutes start to finish.

Posts: 34975 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
One interesting thing is that they were using the campus of Soka University, which I had not heard of before.

425 students on a very large campus. 8 to 1 student to teacher ratio. Beautiful buildings.

Interesting curriculum.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
happydance

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25713 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
My 96 year old former neighbor got her second shot last week and had nothing but a slightly sore arm both times.

She's traveled extensively throughout the world and has gotten just about every vaccine imaginable. I think her immune system was probably like "meh, no big deal" when she got these shots.....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37961 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing those details Steve!

As I was reading, I was wondering why they didn't just do it drive through, but I forgot that they want you to stick (har) around for 15 minutes in case of a reaction.

Re Soka U. -- that's one of the the univerities (the other one is in Japan) of the Japanese Buddhist Soka sect. I know some people who graduated from the that uni ... I have the impression that the Soka organization has a lot of money (in Japan and in the US) so I am sure their campus is fancy!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18568 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
President Biden and VP Harris virtually visited a vaccination site in PHX this week.

This is the vaccination center where my son and DIL got vaccinated. They're not messing around - it runs 24/7! You never leave your car and sit in the parking lot for 15 minutes once you get your vaccination.

I see that AZ has enlisted the help of the National Guard, and the guy in the interview is treating it as a military operation. California should take the hint and do the same. CVS and Walgreens are fine, but if you really want something done on a large scale the military has plenty of experience.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1360365878919970818

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Re Soka U. -- that's one of the the univerities (the other one is in Japan) of the Japanese Buddhist Soka sect. I know some people who graduated from the that uni ... I have the impression that the Soka organization has a lot of money (in Japan and in the US) so I am sure their campus is fancy!

Soka "University" has the second largest endowment per student in the US, a tiny speck behind Princeton. For oh so many reasons, this is not "where America goes to college."

Posts: 12544 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post