well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Next Car--your suggestions please
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Next Car--your suggestions please
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Yea, "cushion" was the wrong word.

I would think that the insert you're talking about would tend to push you up and forward and create new issues.

Some cars have an adjustable/inflatable lumbar support. Can't remember if our 99 Lexus or the 93 Explorer had it, but it was really nice...

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37961 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Jodi Jr. has had two Subaru crosstreks and he really likes them.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20467 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
Some cars have an adjustable/inflatable lumbar support. Can't remember if our 99 Lexus or the 93 Explorer had it, but it was really nice...

Our 2917 Forester has such a feature in the driver's seat. I don't know if there are any cars that have many adjustments for the passenger seats.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7413 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
My Silverado has lumbar adjustments for both front seats. Cannot do without.

We just came backbfrom a road trip in the honda and my back is destroyed. We were supposed to drive the truck but on the way out of town the second new tranny acted up so we took it straight back to the shop.

Seems this time it was an electrical issue in the new tranny. Mechanic thinks it is finally fixed.

I talked to the Subaru dealer who does Costco yesterday. I just go online, build my car, he emails me the Costco price, and it arrives in 12-16 weeks once I commit.

I will see what the local dealer is willing to offer, too.

The Costco dealer is also including a 20 year, 200,000 mile warranty on this model.

Im interested in the Touring version of the Forester, which has leather ergonomic seats.

Ill update here when I learn more.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21352 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:

The Costco dealer is also including a 20 year, 200,000 mile warranty on this model...

You'll insist on a medica l report, of course, knowing his age and family history of heritable diseases. Also, longevity report on parents (grandparents too?)

Jk.

But not altogether joking, speaking as someone who got almost all new triple pane windows from a company (including a lifetime warrantee - "even if a kid hits a baseball through one".

Alas, the owner died not long after and his company went under shortly before several windows began to leak gas. Blink

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Extreme digression, I thought might interest you.

I knew more about the pedigree (multiple generations) of my late lamented Bernese, than I do about most of my forebears. They were especially looking for (canine) hip dysplasia.

Something went very wrong with the conscientious Berner breeders, though - probably because the breed became so popular. A great many (yes, many Amish) just bred puppies willy nilly, and it turned out there was a - once - unknown cancer gene which became dominant.

When I got my Beowulf the breed's average lifespan was about 14, but sadly now it's dropped to about 7 - one of the shortest lived breeds. Almost all dying of cancer, of course. Frowner

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post