Find
Notify
Tools

Scams
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted
Does UPS ever hold packages for payment of a delivery fee, or are all of the requests I get scams.

--------------------------------
Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17677 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Scam.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/mone...ry-scams/ar-AA1lfkXO

I have a UPS account, and also a USPS account. If there's a package coming via either of these, I get a message in advance from whichever one is going to be delivering it, with a projected delivery date. In UPS' case, even a range of hours when it will be delivered. USPS will include any package deliveries in my daily Informed Delivery email. It's not separate.

A friend just sent us a kringle pastry from O&H in Racine, WI. I got an email yesterday from UPS telling me I have something coming from O&H, and it said it would be delivered today between 11 am and 3 pm. It also had a tracking number. If I had any doubts this was for me, I would go to the UPS website (not from any links in the email, but directly) and enter the tracking number to confirm.

I don't have a Fed Ex account, so not sure what they do. I do occasionally get alerts that something is coming, but that's typically something I ordered. I would look up the tracking number on FedEx's site if I had any questions..

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37898 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Scam. I get those messages all the time and ignore them.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34946 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post