well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    My neighbor just installed a flagpole
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My neighbor just installed a flagpole
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
And raised a black flag. There goes the block party.

Black flag.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34978 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
Oh, wow.

I've had some concern about the fact that several people in our small subdivision have installed flagpoles, but so far they've only raised American flags, some of them with state flags or university flags below them. Somebody on the neighborhood Facebook page celebrated this and said that we should install an American flag at the neighborhood entrance, but that's as far as it's gone.

Just outside our neighborhood, though, there's a row of three houses that have flown several insurrection-adjacent flags, including Trump and "Let's go, Brandon."

The black flags seem a notch past those.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15517 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
It’s concerning.

Posts: 34978 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
OTOH, I have just purchased a most excellent tool box/workbench in my quest to create a workable workspace that allows the housing of at least one car. It’s a fine navy blue. My toolbox is bright red, giving me a most pleasing patriotic color scheme for the garage. It’s my flag too and I’m going to own it!

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Hu...MWC9GBV2-C/313833939

Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:

Black flag.

Welcome to Ohio. There is a reason I am relieved that LL#2 has no interest in attending LL#1's university in spite of the fact that they are basically throwing large piles of money at him.

That said, I fully realize there are large swaths of PA that are exactly the same. Probably large swaths of everywhere. Sigh.

Posts: 4410 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Oh that’s awful Steve.

I haven’t seen any around here yet, but I don’t deviate from my regular route much…

I am very, very worried about these signs, the 2024 election… Frowner

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18580 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
quote:

Black flag.

Have you updated us on LL#2's college search lately, Lisa?

Welcome to Ohio. There is a reason I am relieved that LL#2 has no interest in attending LL#1's university in spite of the fact that they are basically throwing large piles of money at him.

That said, I fully realize there are large swaths of PA that are exactly the same. Probably large swaths of everywhere. Sigh.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15517 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Anna:
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
quote:

Black flag.

Have you updated us on LL#2's college search lately, Lisa?

No but I will start another thread!

Posts: 4410 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Flag desecration is so Patriotic! Roll Eyes

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I have a fantasy of sneaking over there and neatly painting “BLM” in large white letters on their black flag.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
What does the black flag mean? Years ago it meant anarchy.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13818 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
all black American flag.

That's an oxymoron.

Posts: 12549 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
If one of my neighbors did that I'd probably fly a rainbow flag. People who are faced with the reality that their neighbors are not in solidarity with them may, at least in private, question themselves. Or at least feel weaker.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21353 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
That would, of course, put a targeting reticule on your head when their revolution comes ...

This is today's America. I'm really disgusted.

Posts: 12549 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:
What does the black flag mean? Years ago it meant anarchy.

Black flag