well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Election security

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Election security
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
The Biden administration taps a top Republican official to lead election security

Throughout 2020, Washington Secretary of State Kim Wyman, a lifelong Republican, wasn't having any of then-President Donald Trump's unrelenting and unsupported claims of election fraud. Now, the GOP official has been tapped by the Biden administration to help protect the nation's election system.

In a post on Twitter, Wyman announced she'll be stepping down from her current role on Nov. 19, to serve as the election security lead for the Department of Homeland Security's Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency.

"The threats to our country's election system continue each day and they must be met with a combined effort by IT and cybersecurity experts alongside election professionals at the local, state and federal levels," Wyman said in a statement.

https://www.npr.org/2021/10/26...ad-election-security

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37941 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Seems like good armor against the grossly immoral shenanigans most of her (former) GOP colleagues will engage in to engage the troglodyte base by humoring the idiot-child 45. You know, people like McCarthy, Graham, Kemp, and the list is far too long to present.

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
…boebert, taylor-greene, hawley, cawthorne, gaetz…

You’re right. Too many to list.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Kim Wyman is good people. A far sight better than a few of the SOSs that Washington State has had in recent memory.

And nearly all of the people asking to be considered to replace her are Democrats. Washington has not had a Democratic SOS in decades.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I’ve been glad to see so many local officials who take their jobs seriously and don’t back down when pressured.

The system is holding.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
I’ve been glad to see so many local officials who take their jobs seriously and don’t back down when pressured.

The system is holding.

Tell me that after we see what happens in the Georgia Secretary of State election.

Posts: 45748 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post