well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Room spray recall

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Room spray recall
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Yea, really.

quote:
Walmart is recalling an aromatherapy spray after a "rare and dangerous bacteria" was found that can cause a potentially fatal condition, with investigators looking into two deaths so far.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention tested Walmart's Better Homes and Gardens Essential Oil Infused Aromatherapy Room Spray with Gemstones and found Burkholderia pseudomallei bacteria, which can cause a potentially fatal condition called melioidosis.

According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the CDC has been investigating four confirmed cases of the condition in Kansas, Minnesota, Texas and Georgia, along with two deaths, including one child fatality.

The CDC did not confirm the source of the four infections, but noted that a bottle with the same type of bacteria was found in the home of one of the melioidosis decedents.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/new...us-bacteria/2651708/

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37941 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Yet another reason not to buy room spray. As an aside, what's with this explosion of perfumes? Room spray, spray for your furniture, little pellets to add to your laundry to keep it "laundry fresh" for days.

I'm not getting it. My real problem with it is the environmental impact of creating all of these semi-useless things, and then convincing people that they must have them. "Laundry fresh scent for days" isn't something that was really ever high on my list.

Has anyone ever heard, "You look really nice, but your clothes aren't smelling laundry fresh...."??

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I really dislike (to put it mildly) perfumes, scented candles, aroma therapy stuff...

My mom texted me about this Walmart recall and she wrote "I'm pretty sure you hate this stuff, but just in case" Big Grin

IMO if a person wants to wear perfume/cologne, it should only be noticeable to their intimate partner.

Beyond that, anyone with a sensitivity, allergy, migraines, is going to have a hard time being near the perfumed person.

And as for those plug in things, ugh, I can't stand to be near them.

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18524 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post