well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Christmas, Hannukah, anytime your kids ask you for gift suggestions...

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Christmas, Hannukah, anytime your kids ask you for gift suggestions...
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted
Mine just did again (ARGH and I'm trying so hard to downsize!)

The truth is over the last years, they've managed to think of clever gifts I never dreamt of (Geek Squad membership, Netflix and Amazon, Teamviewer Signup, Spotify, iPhone, Lithium battery jump starter, electric blanket, flowers - of course - clever kitchen and quality fruit, computer gadgets, Kindle and more, some quite expensive...

BUT the list really is getting short as either I have everything I need (and then some!) or it's something I myself need to pick out. (If only they had room to home some of our loved heirlooms and memorabilia, but alas, both are still sharing apartments the one with no added storage!)

Found this which really says it all (Just sent it to them both, along with a few suggestions as they pleaded so - rechargeable Black and Decker 18 volt batteries?? Roll Eyes But mine really did just die! And I so depend on my dust-busters.)

They're coming for two weeks soon, one from SF the other from Boston! They call, email and text almost daily - one sends loving cards, too. What more could I want (except that they lived closer by! *sigh*)?

(It's the big item on the far right. Sorry - as usual, I'm at a loss to post it so it doesn't require clicking...Frowner )

quote:

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine posted this on FB a few days ago and I thought ..."YES!"

I tell my kids, I just want time..time with them.

Stuff is so NOT what I want.

I hope you get what you desire, Amanda!

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post