well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Washington State Is Locking Down Again

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Washington State Is Locking Down Again
 Login/Join

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted
https://www.king5.com/article/...ff-94de-127737049b8a

Starting tomorrow until Dec 14.

No dine-in starting Wednesday. Some restaurants had gone to limited seating. I had lunch with a coworker a week ago. The restaurant had about five tables in service. The only alternative I can think is to get take-out and eat in the car or on a park bench somewhere.

Retail stores limited to 25% capacity. I have been going to Costco during the senior hour. I may have to keep doing that. There will probably be lines again. Mrs pj went to the Asian supermarket yesterday and said it was a 20 minute wait in line to get in.

Let's hope it has an effect.

--------------------------------
pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
The word on the street is that people are already hoarding TP and other basics. The Guv sent out a memo that said not to hoard stuff, it just puts unnecessary stress on everyone.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Uhg. We are going to explode here I think. They’ve been testing the sewage (which is apparently an early indicator) and it is through the roof.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20462 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I'm heading out early this week during senior hours at Costco and Trader Joe's to buy most of what I need for our Thanksgiving meal. I'm going to try and avoid going to the store the week of the holiday.

Costco is still doing Monday through Friday, 9 to 10 am for senior hours. Trader Joe's cut back to Wednesday and Sunday only from 8 to 9 am. Wondering if they'll expand the number of days (they were Monday through Friday for most of the summer and early autumn) as the COVID numbers get worse.

We're just catching up with all the meats we bought in March and April during the last shutdown....but we defrosted the freezer, so I guess we're ready for the next round....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37951 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
PJ, let me know if you need TP. I know a guy.

I’ll ship you a case.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I have one unopened Costco bale. That should last us at least a month.

Still, it might be wise to run out tomorrow morning and grab a few things.

Phooey. I have a meeting with my boss at 10:30.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
We've been in extended lockdown for a few days already--sounds pretty similar to what Washington is doing. No dine-in restaurant service, no gyms, no indoor entertainment venues, 25 or fewer in outdoor groups, 6 or fewer in indoor social gatherings, from no more than 2 families.

Makes sense to me--I don't like it, but there's no arguing with the spike in cases. Frowner

Posts: 35380 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
Uhg. We are going to explode here I think. They’ve been testing the sewage (which is apparently an early indicator) and it is through the roof.

I believe we are already exploding. Where the hell is Bullock? You know we won't be getting any lock downs once Giantfarte takes office.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Starting to hear about more and more folks I know who have it or who were exposed and in quarantine, and yesterday there were complaints on the local 411 facebook page of so many people lining up in their cars for testing and blocking entrances to local businesses - so it’s starting to hit home here, I think. Three more people died in this county yesterday.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20462 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
I am starting to feel surrounded. For the past month, increasing numbers of acquaintances have come down with it. Horse people are now coming down with it, so I fear it is only a matter of time before my barn shuts down. This past week my trainer talked for the first time about attrition at the barn because people don't want to spend money. Not looking good for our local economy.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
No dine-in restaurant service, no gyms, no indoor entertainment venues, 25 or fewer in outdoor groups, 6 or fewer in indoor social gatherings, from no more than 2 families.

I wish more places would do this -- including my area.

Esp. the restaurant thing. You have to take your mask off to eat, why can people not realize that that's a bad idea??

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18538 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
As things stand today.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Some interesting info there, especially the "cases per million" history.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37951 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
quote:
No dine-in restaurant service, no gyms, no indoor entertainment venues, 25 or fewer in outdoor groups, 6 or fewer in indoor social gatherings, from no more than 2 families.

I wish more places would do this -- including my area.

Esp. the restaurant thing. You have to take your mask off to eat, why can people not realize that that's a bad idea??

I agree. One of the only positive things I can say about this past year is that at least we live in an area that takes it seriously. It makes me sad to think of how much further down the path we might be if we had more leadership willing to actually manage the pandemic. OK, so in some eyes that makes me a sheep. But I'll be a living sheep, and most likely so will the rest of my family.

Posts: 35380 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post