well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    DeSantis + Musk = DiSaster

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DeSantis + Musk = DiSaster
 Login/Join

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted
Did anyone listen in? I didn't live, but I did listen in later. It really reminded me of a high school A/V project, and it got me to thinking. If this was supposed to be DeSantis' appeal to the new, modern GOP voter (those kids and their technology...), it was a total flop. Also Elon was so much the alpha dog in that pairing - little Ronny seemed very diminished.

It seems like the GOP candidates pretty much are falling into two camps:

1. Trump and "Trump-Lite" (I put DeSantis in this category)
2. Old School conservatives (Pence) - folks who aren't on record as trumpians and now want to distance themselves from Trump and talk about how they're more reasonable.

Re: The Trump types - With Trump now in the race, why would any of the Trump-Lite candidates have a chance? (Polling says they don't, so why does everyone take them so seriously?)

Re: The Old Schoolers - their policy and political stances are the same as Trump's, on most things. Why would any GOP voter want an old schooler when Trump is likely to be far more effective, and not give an inch?

In my mind, Trump is the GOP nominee and the Dems should just start preparing for that. If they don't, they're just clueless.

Random thought du jour: Lots of folks (me, included) felt that Trump's personal ethics and morals were a disqualification right off the starting block. Obviously we were wrong. But other than degree, how different is a GOP voter looking the other way at Trump's morals compared to the Dems looking the other way at Clinton's morals?

Posts: 35383 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
You suffered so we don't have to... Smiler

Posts: 24731 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Daniel - ROTFLMAO

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37960 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post