well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Mazars dumps Trump

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mazars dumps Trump
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
The accounting firm Mazars has fired the Trump Organization as a client after saying that a decade’s worth of statements of ex-President Donald Trump’s financial condition “should no longer be relied upon,” the New York Attorney General’s office revealed in a court filing Monday.

Mazars, which for years prepared Trump’s income tax returns and financial statements used to obtain loans for his company, told the Trump Organization’s top lawyer Alan Garten that it would no longer represent the company due to the lack of reliability of the financial statements in a letter last Wednesday.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/1...ts-not-reliable.html

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 38037 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
So, someone ELSE throws HIM under the bus. Love it...

Posts: 12587 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
How long did it take them to figure that out?

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25748 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I suspect that Mazars has cut a deal with the prosecutors. But they're probably toast as a company, or so I hope. If you're honest, why would you use people who have just admitted that they're cheats. And if you're corrupt, you know they would throw you under the bus in a heartbeat.

Posts: 12587 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:

About as long as it took TFG to stop paying them.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 35015 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
I suspect that Mazars has cut a deal with the prosecutors. But they're probably toast as a company, or so I hope. If you're honest, why would you use people who have just admitted that they're cheats. And if you're corrupt, you know they would throw you under the bus in a heartbeat.

ThumbsUp

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25748 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
And, just as anyone could have predicted, Team Chump says that Mazar’s statement that the work they did complied with accepted principles means that all the investigations into him and his company are moot.

I’m betting they aren’t.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30039 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I learned a new term today, "Bates number".

https://twitter.com/gtconway3d...Enews%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 38037 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:

Exactly.

Posts: 24841 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
I learned a new term today, "Bates number".

https://twitter.com/gtconway3d...Enews%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Back in the day, when document production was all by hand, it was called a Bates stamp. You had one of those handheld devices that would stamp the page with a number and then automatically turn, after stamping to the next number ... say, from 1912 to 1913.

upload a picture

Posts: 45781 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
George Conway's take on Mazars

Makes some points I hadn't considered ...

First, what we sort of understand already.

quote:
Translated from legal-accountingese, the [Mazars] letter was an unmitigated disaster for Trump, far beyond his possibly having to file late returns. By saying the statements “should no longer be relied upon,” the accountants effectively announced, You misled us. By “totality of the circumstances,” they likely meant, The prosecutors investigating you, and the case they’re making, are serious.

By pronouncing “a non-waivable conflict of interest,” they were all but saying, We’re on team A.G. — or we might have to join someday soon. And by saying no “new work product” and quitting, they essentially declared, We don’t trust you — and we’re certainly not going to jail for you.

How on earth will Trump refinance hundreds of millions in loans with no accountants and no serious legal representation ...

quote:
Now the man who long has had trouble finding decent legal representation might find it all but impossible to find new auditors and tax preparers. It’s hard to imagine that any reputable accounting firm will touch his tax returns, let alone fix and bless his financials for a decade or more.

Even if lenders don’t exercise any rights they might have to call in their loans, Trump apparently still needs to refinance hundreds of millions’ worth of them soon. As Trump biographer Timothy L. O’Brien of Bloomberg Opinion puts it, “Good luck refinancing your debt when the accountants” — who have just declared a decade of your financials utterly worthless — have “just walked out the door.”

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Let's see if the WaPo gift article feature works here.

quote:
Opinion: Trump’s luck may finally be running out

https://wapo.st/3H25hj1

Bazootiehead-in-training

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
WaPo, NYT, LA Times, VF, Daily Beast, and a host of others have been writing articles for years about how I-1 is done for… but he always comes through. Long before everyone said “grab ‘em by the püssy” was the end of his run for pres. They don’t call him the Teflon don for nothing.

Wake me when he’s actually behind bars.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30039 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post