well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Music for the holidays

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Music for the holidays
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Playing in the wtg household today...Thanks, jf! Best Christmas mix ever....

jf would have to give you the playlist...I know the songs but not all the performers...

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37989 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13636 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
We attended a performance of Handel’s Messiah at the Old Stone Presbyterian Church downtown. Beautiful structure, built in 1820 and renovated a few times since then due to fires. The acoustics are good enough I could hear the harpsichord even towards the back of the sanctuary.

Old Stone Church

They also performed a few traditional carols backed by the big pipe organ.

Magnificent! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34988 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
Meh.

Those of you who think you are listening to great Christmas music have obviously never heard the Reno ukulele group down at the local senior education center. I’m surprised groupies aren’t bigger problem.

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
When will the holiday CD be released? Can I get an autographed copy?

Big Grin

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37989 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Like many other folks singing in choirs, I've been practicing xmas music since September! I've sung with the Hinsdale chorale for about 5 or 6 years - a choir of about 40 singers.

This year I joined the DePaul university community choir - about 150 singers! Last weekend we sang "Christmas at DePaul", (image search that to see the size) a collaboration with the theater lighting and sound department for a true extravaganza. Orchestra and percussion made this a "loud and louder" sing.

It is a free show that has gotten so popular that they have a lottery to get tickets into one of the three shows over two days in a large church on campus. Quite the event!

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7558 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Awesome! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34988 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rontuner:
This year I joined the DePaul university community choir - about 150 singers! Last weekend we sang "Christmas at DePaul", (image search that to see the size) a collaboration with the theater lighting and sound department for a true extravaganza. Orchestra and percussion made this a "loud and louder" sing.

My sister-in-law is head of Lighting Design at DePaul, and also works at Lookinglass and Lyric Opera. I wonder if you ran into her...

https://interactive.wttw.com/s...s?v=christine-binder

Oh, and way cool on all of your music!!

eta: Look what I found! From last year...

https://www.pbs.org/video/christmas-at-depaul-b1gw1i/

Bazootiehead-in-training