well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Westchester now at 82 cases

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Westchester now at 82 cases
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted
Even more than Kings County, WA

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Frowner

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18568 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Frowner

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25713 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Jon, what are you doing to protect yourself? Sign me...
Very Concerned

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21352 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I know only two things about Westchester County:

1. Jon lives there and he is someone who simply must avoid contracting CV. And...

2. Westchester County is a place where there have been a number of reported cases of CV.

I have to say I’m worried, but I’m quite sure you have a plan. What steps are you taking to keep safe?

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34975 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the concern. We’ve done a reasonable job at self isolation and being prepared to dial it up when necessary.

I now have a good 30 days of food between the pantry and the freezer.

I stopped going to the gym. I bought some home equipment so I could do some kind of workout here.

Rachel stopped going into the city. She’s working from home indefinitely.

Rachel stopped going to yoga.

I’ve canceled three trips - Boston, DC, Paris. Will not schedule others until it’s safe to do so.

I have 3 appointments this week that I’ll keep but wear masks for all three. I don’t see myself making others for a while.

The only link we haven’t cut is the boy’s school attendance. But we’re closely monitoring the situation. It’s just a matter of time until the school is closed.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
It’s just a matter of time until the school is closed.

My you shouldn't wait?

I'm starting to think more and more that we should all stop waiting. Move schools online in districts where that is an option, move universities online. Do it now, no more waiting.

Reading all these articles is really starting to have an impact on me (i.e. articles about the rate of infection and how the only thing we can do now is slow it down in hopes that we don't overload our medical providers)

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18568 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post