well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    IT IS RAINING!!!!

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

IT IS RAINING!!!!
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted
happydance

My new rain barrel was delivered yesterday and is working now as I type!

Thank goodness! The drought has been bad here in New England, though still not as bad as other places in the world..

I will NEVER complain of rain again!

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Been raining the last few days and it’s forecast for most of next week.

I holed up in the basement and watched YouTube videos about furniture repair all day!

Very pleasant.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34975 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
I have buckets and dish pans outside to collect rain water, my dehumidifier counts...We are in a bad drought.

I have a dye day (natural dyes on wool require lots of water!) planned on Sunday and rainwater is the best, as our city water is high in iron.

Any left overs go to my poor, dry plants.

Tin can is my compost bin..

Can you tell I am a Depression Baby? Razzer

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
We finally have rain here in NYC too. It been far too dry for too long.

I just happened to plant chives and oregano yesterday, felicitously. I know it’s late in the season, but stuff grows into Nov. or December around here. And it should come up in the spring too.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13817 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post