well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Bernie Voters Have Not Learned Their Lesson

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bernie Voters Have Not Learned Their Lesson
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted
From Politico:

quote:
In Michigan — a state critical to Democrats’ efforts to reclaim their general election footing in the Rust Belt — just 2 of 5 Sanders backers said they would vote Democratic in November, regardless of who became the nominee, according to exit polls. Four in five said they'd be dissatisfied with Biden as the Democratic standard-bearer.

Posts: 45764 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45764 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Extremists are bad no matter what extreme they are on.

--------------------------------
pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
The schism between conservatives and liberals in the Democratic Party is an historical fact dating to at least the 1930's. I didn't let it have any effect on me during the conflagration of the 2016 primaries. I'll be damned if I'm going to let it affect me negatively now.

Posts: 24760 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
What's the Moral Claim for Sanders's Fruitless Campaign?

quote:
Remaining in the race is not just bad form, it is ethically questionable. He is continuing to take money from ordinary people, some of very modest means, on the premise that he can still win. Once it becomes obvious that his path is hopeless, what justification is there for cajoling the working poor he claims to champion to give him a few bucks? A millionaire (yes, he is) funding what has become a vanity project by telling gullible voters he still stands a chance does not sound like a noble endeavor.

Moreover, his aggressive supporters and staff, whom Sanders has never reeled in, continue to bludgeon fellow Democrats. Mother Jones reports: “In the wake of Joe Biden’s commanding victories in Tuesday’s Democratic primaries, some Bernie Sanders supporters are focusing their ire on Elizabeth Warren for failing to endorse the Vermont senator after she quit the race last week, a decision they view as a crucial factor to Sanders’ dismal results this week.” The attacks are not limited to Warren, of course.

The Atlantic’s Edward-Isaac Dovere wrote this week: “What role does he take in responding to the chatter circulating among some of his supporters, and promoted by his aides, that Biden is in hiding (he isn’t) because he’s supposedly in cognitive decline (fueled by [misleading] videos online showing Biden misspeaking and stumbling)?” His national co-chair, Nina Turner, continues retweeting debunked attacks, misleading clips of Biden and nasty insults. She and others continue to fan the flames of die-hard conspiracy-mongers who attribute Sanders’s losses to the “establishment.”

Posts: 12565 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post