well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    My love affair with Navajo White …
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My love affair with Navajo White …
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Ben Moore paint lasts a very long time. I have not found Sherwin Williams paints to be as good.

--------------------------------
"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13562 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Good idea!

SW does this as well, so I can ask.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18552 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
Ben Moore paint lasts a very long time. I have not found Sherwin Williams paints to be as good.

Same here. Very durable and washable. Even the Ben Moore Matte finish.

I think coverage is better too. Of course we're never going from a really dark color to a much lighter one, but our painter never primes and he only does one coat and gets perfect results.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37957 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
We did our whole house with SW paint in 2019. When we sold it in 2023, it still looked pristine. Granted that’s not a long time.

But when we painted in 2019, I went through a whole thing deciding which company’s product to use.

At this point I can’t remember what the driving factors were, but Mr. SK is happy with SW, so we’ll stick with that.

Plus we’ll probably be ready to make the selection and purchase by tmrw. If we switched companies now, we’d need to start over and would probably lose a week just bc of logistics.

Mr SK wants to get the painting finished asap, so we’re going to push ahead.

Check back in 10 years and we’ll let you know if we make the right decision. WhoMe

Posts: 18552 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
My contractor in Mass used Benjamin Moore. So does my contractor in NY. Both guys I trust.

It also helped that, in both places, the Bsnjamin Moore store was two blocks away.

Posts: 45751 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Mr SK said he’s happy to stick with SW. and he’s the one that actually does the painting, so I’ll defer to him.

I think we are about decided. One more trip tomorrow and the he wants to buy the paint.

Hopefully the color we’re choosing (creamy) won’t be too too bright. I think it should be fine given the dark/wood trim and so on….

Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
If you are committed to Sherwin Williams be sure to sign up for their customer rewards programs. They have one where if you sign up for text alerts, they give you $$ off just for signing up. and they run sales for their members that the general public doesn't get. See here: https://www.sherwin-williams.c...olor2u-mobile-alerts

I've also had good luck just being nice to the paint store workers - usually if you are like "I just bought a new house and I'm gonna be buying a LOT of paint - would it be possible to get a special discount or contractor pricing or something?" -- I've never had a paint store say no and I've gotten some good discounts!

Posts: 4408 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I’ve been buying fixtures from Luna for many years, both for myself and for business.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34974 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Lisa, thanks!

Steve, I think you're in the wrong thread, but thank you! I was poking around the Luna site just now, lots of cool stuff there!!