well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Local restauranteur makes the best of things

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Local restauranteur makes the best of things
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
A Mount Prospect pizza pub has found a unique way to bring in business during the stay-at-home order.

"I'm not going under because if this, no way," vowed Joe Irick, owner of Station 34 Pizza Pub.

His determination comes topped with a family-friendly concept.

Irick's pizza kits started as a family activity for a school fundraiser, but since COVID-19 forced him to close his pizzeria's doors, it's shifted into a way to bring in business.

"I wanted to bring the kits home for my family to make something fresh right then and there, a project for my kids to do. We started doing a fundraiser (for) the local school district, District 57 in Mount Prospect," Irick said. "We ended up launching it. Then a week later we all get shut down."

His pizza kits are packed with fresh ingredients, like handmade dough, homemade sauce and all the toppings for just $10.

"You need a rolling pin, fork, spoon, pizza stone or baking sheet, whatever you prefer, and a working oven; that's about it," he said.

In the last six weeks, more than 700 kits have found new homes, on top of other takeout and delivery orders.

"Just a huge coincidence, I've never seen anything like this in my life, the stay-at-home order," Irick said. "This was a Godsend for us; it really lifted my spirits, personally, when we found out we were going to shut down and we were like, 'what are we going to do,'" Irick said. "How do you get through this, how long is it going to last? It really lifted myself but also my staff because they were excited about it as something to look forward to."

https://abc7chicago.com/corona...spect-pizza/6125503/

We thought we might try one sometime next week!

https://pizzamealkits.com/

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Yeah, we can get those at Dewey's. They also sell just the dough. I finihsed off teh last of a batch I bought last week last night. Delicious, but it was getting a bit kong of tooth.

But what I am doing next is getting it from them pre-tossed. Comes in a pizza box - $3 for an 11" up to $4 for a 17". Easy and fun with your own ingredients.

Last night was a Margherita and a white sauced (olive oil, garlic and Italian seasoning) with pepperoni, fresh basil and hot honey. Yum.

--------------------------------
"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13558 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post