well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Vascular dementia

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vascular dementia
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
Groundbreaking new research has uncovered a potential route to developing the first ever drug treatments for vascular dementia, that directly target a cause of the condition. The research, funded by us and published in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, has shed light on how high blood pressure causes changes to arteries in the brain, a process that leads to the devastating condition.

https://www.bhf.org.uk/what-we...placement=newsletter

Hypertension runs on Mom's side of the family. Likely what caused her cognitive decline, so of much interest to me. Been keeping a close eye on my BP.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
ThumbsUp

--------------------------------
www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12692 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post