well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Did the Republicans Overplay their hand?
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did the Republicans Overplay their hand?
 Login/Join

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
The freak out continues. They’re trying to impeach Harris

Good, that means they’re scared!

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18859 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
The freak out continues. They’re trying to impeach Harris.

https://thehill.com/homenews/h...icles-kamala-harris/

It's become performative for them. They have to keep feeding the beast that is their MAGA base.

There are almost no Republican public servants any more. All of them are all about, how can I cater to MAGA?

It's not a question of whether they will abandon any principles or integrity. Almost all of them will. It's just a question of how far they are willing to go.

Posts: 45838 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
It is performative. That's becoming the norm. I wonder which party, if either, will end up being the adult in the room.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13649 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
It is performative. That's becoming the norm. I wonder which party, if either, will end up being the adult in the room.

The party that pushed Menendez to resign.

Biden did not cater to the left the way that Trump caters to MAGA.

Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
What Quirt said.

Posts: 18859 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Or that Maga caters to Trump.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13649 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
It's a democratic republic and and a voter has the right to vote for whom they choose.why is this such a different concept to grasp?

Demonizing 50% of the country to this extent and for this duration might not end well.

Posts: 25282 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
It's a democratic republic and and a voter has the right to vote for whom they choose.why is this such a different concept to grasp?

Demonizing 50% of the country to this extent and for this duration might not end well.

Of course a voter has a right to vote for whomever they choose. And I have a right to judge them for it if they announce their choice, and to choose not to think well of them or their intelligence. If a voter chooses to vote for David Duke or Donald Trump, and makes that choice known, I'm going to judge them for that. That's my right.

It's also my right to judge them if they choose not to vote and make that known. I could probably find out who votes and who doesn't (isn't that a matter of public record?), but I wouldn't bother, unless they said so publicly.

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Vance moved from "Trump is an American Hitler" to shining his boots.

His wife seems equally transactional.

Trump appalled her ...

Ambition is a powerful force.

Posts: 12758 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
The Republican mayor of Mesa Arizona Endorses Kamala Harris

He's Mormon as well as Republican. Says his voters should put country above party.

Posts: 12758 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
One of several GOP Mormons that I know of have heard of who are refusing to vote for Trump because of disconnect with their sense of personal, religious, and/or patriotic values.

It's encouraging.

Posts: 35428 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
One of my former piano teachers who's Mormon, who I've kept in touch with on FB, is also strongly anti-Trump.

I think Ms. Harris may pull more people across the aisle than we expected!

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I suspect these were people who were anti-Trump in 2020 as well.

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Yep, pretty creepy. Downright weird.

Ted Cruz says liberal women are unhappy and pissed off all the time because liberal men don’t satisfy them in bed.

I loved the comment a little down the page ...

"Well, in all fairness … Theodore “Felito” Cruz does have the sensual body of a burrito."

Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
I suspect these were people who were anti-Trump in 2020 as well.

Oh yeah, good point...

Although hopefully some new ones will be drawn in? (Hoping, hoping…)