well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    What do you save?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do you save?
 Login/Join

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LL:
Save material...a few chests, trunks full.
My mother had a bumper sticker that said "the one who dies with the most fabric wins".

I took several boxes and bags of fabric to goodwill. Mostly polyester doubleknit and other crimes against humanity. I did keep a good amount which had set me up well for making face masks.

--------------------------------
pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Nothing.

I'm a true minimalist. I was when I was 5. I was when I was 21. I am now.

I built a post Quartz Revolution watch collection (a post for another day).

I built the beginnings of a CD collection in my early '20's. Then life intervened. Everything went to mp3.
I used to use Tower Records and publisher's catalogs. It became still more difficult to me with the never ending multiplicity of apps and streaming.

I still try with the music and select reading (because of my dislike of reading on the computer and my near sightedness).

Other than this, I like to have things around me that are functional and can be used on a regular basis.

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
quote:
Originally posted by LL:
My mother had a bumper sticker that said "the one who dies with the most fabric wins".

I took several boxes and bags of fabric to goodwill. Mostly polyester doubleknit and other crimes against humanity. I did keep a good amount which had set me up well for making face masks.

E
i like wool...then there's nice old cotton, quilt pieces etc

I used to sew a lot!

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LL:
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
quote:
Originally posted by LL:

E
i like wool...then there's nice old cotton, quilt pieces etc

Ahahaha! I putting together a silent auction..Our focus is learning and community..So I am offering spinning lessons...I went into my closet to prepare a basket of wool..I had a tag on the bag..2002..Yikes! (It is as good as new, just sayin')

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kluurs:
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
Scraps of paper I have written ideas on. It's out of control.

Put them all in a box - and spend an afternoon typing them onto a Word document. It will be easier to find them. I was doing something similar with things I should read or watch. Problem was I had all kinds of scraps and no system to find them until I took a few minutes to type them into a document.

ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO

*A* box?!?! Hahahahaha!

I have a 10x8 storage shed completely filled with boxes back in Missoula. Then there is the entire walk in closet here at home. These scraps go back to the 1960s.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
I have more tennis balls than I know what to do with. Every match Uses 3 balls, so someone has to take them home. I keep 80 for serve practice, discard the rest.

We just refinished our floors, so we got rid of a ton.

I really dislike clutter, so I don’t save things.

With all those tennis balls you need a golden retriever.

Jf

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17679 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post