well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Do any of you play the NYT game Strands?

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do any of you play the NYT game Strands?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted
https://www.nytimes.com/games/strands

I really like it, but it’s pretty hard. Often I need a hint to get where they are going with their “clue”. Sometimes I get lucky.

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20460 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Hi

Strands and Connections are currently my favorites!

quote:
Often I need a hint to get where they are going with their “clue”.

Same. My goal is always to get there without any hints, but often I need one. Sometimes two.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18523 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Exactly - strands and connections! Sometimes I need more than two hints for strands! Once i figured it out this morning, I still had to google “slang terms for X” !

Smiler Jodi

Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
Oh I had never tried Strands! That was fun! I took two hints but I should have just done one as I had already kind of figured it out. Thanks for sharing!

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4092 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Wordle, Mini, Waffle, Connections, Strands, Phrase and Wordle sometimes. Jumble at USA Today.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13558 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Strands is kind of Squardle with a theme. Fun!

Didn't try Connections...

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I love connections, but I'm really bad at strands.

Often I get the last connect by default and sometimes even when the answer is right there, I still don't get it.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Often I get the last connect by default and sometimes even when the answer is right there, I still don't get it.

Same! This morning’s was like that for me… I won’t say why until later but that’s the kind of answer I don’t like. suave

Posts: 18523 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I spoiled alert: I got today’s without hints only because the first two I found made sense with their clue. The very last one took me awhile, then I was like, that’s brown!! Unless you are thinking about the candy…

Smiler Jodi

Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
then I was like, that’s brown!!

I had the same reaction!!!

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Still trying to decide if I like Strands. Today’s went well for me (Am I blushing), but one is definitely brown to me.

I love Connections; the puzzlemaker must think like I do. Except for those purple answers like the ones you don’t like, SK!

Still loving Spelling Bee.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post