well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Big line of storms coming in

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big line of storms coming in
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
The 70 plus degree weather is exiting and 30 degree weather is coming in. That means lots of wind. Gusts are being recorded at 79 mph.

Wish us luck.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37966 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
60 mph wind gusts. My town got half an inch of rain in five minutes, plus it rained for another half hour.

My trees and house are still standing. Lots of damage to the west of us.

Ron can watch the storm roll in....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37966 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Eeker

Yikes! Hope you don't get any more!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18576 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
We won't. Fast moving storms have moved through and are finished.

I'll need my winter coat tomorrow morning.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
North of us, Lakeshore drive was without lights for a while, but I haven't noticed any damage around here. We are on the NE corner of the building, so storms rolling in from the west don't really hit our unit directly. Quite the lightning show over the lake as it passed!

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7557 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post