well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Pasta Salad Recipe?

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pasta Salad Recipe?
 Login/Join

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted
I went to a potluck picnic last week. I made a vat of curried potato salad. Because everyone brought stuff and the salads were on a side table away from the salmon and grilled chicken, I ended up bringing a lot of it home. We’ve been eating potato salad all week.

We’re going to grill some hot dogs on Monday. Mrs pj always has baked beans and potato salad. But we’re kinda burned out of potato salad. But I have a lot of pasta from stocking up for the zombie apocalypse last year.

Anyone have a favorite pasta salad recipe I should try?

(Note to SK: I’m skipping the salami because Mrs pj doesn’t like salami.)

Hmmm… what would Mr SK do? Mirin, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and nori furikake. Maybe with some baby shrimps.

--------------------------------
pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
I have a favorite that started as a pasta salad but I have moved on to quinoa and changed other ingredients. No matter, it is a fav anyway you make it. I think it is especially good the next day.

1lb orzo pasta (I use quinoa)
3T extra virgin olive oil, plus 1/4 cup
2 C fresh baby arugula
3/4 cup crumbled ricotta salata cheese (I use feta)
1 cup dried cherries (I use cranberries)
12 fresh basil leaves, torn
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts (or sunflower seeds)
3T lemon juice
salt & pepper to taste

Cook orzo according to directions on package. Drain pasta and put on a large cookie sheet. Drizzle the pasta with 3T olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, toss, spread out and set aside to cool.

Once the orzo is cool, transfer to a large serving bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and toss gently to combine.

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
This is outstanding and always gets gobbled up at potlucks.

You must use good ingredients, and I think a cup of Parmesan is a bit much. Don’t skimp on the basil, and feel free to add extra chopped sun dried tomatoes if you like.

And use the oil that comes with the sun dried tomatoes because discarding it is a crime against nature.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/re...atoes-recipe-1944778

Posts: 19764 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
I have two go-to pasta salads.

Lemon Orzo Pasta Salad

Dressing: in a jar, combine and shake well:
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced or run through garlic press
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

For the salad:
1 pound orzo pasta, cooked, rinsed, and cooled (this makes a LOT)
2/3 lb asparagus, cut in 1.5 inch pieces (add these to the pasta for the last 1.5 minutes of cooking)
1 14 ounce can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
1/2 cup kalamata olives, sliced in half
1 pint grape tomatoes (whole)
3 ounces crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup pine nuts

Combine salad ingredients and toss with 1/2 the dressing. Store the salad, refrigerated, to let the flavors meld. Before serving, add more of the dressing to refresh. (You can use all, or part, of the remaining dressing, as you desire)

Caprese Cannellini Pasta Salad

Ingredients:
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (I used half regular and half white balsamic, but either is fine)
12 oz farfalle pasta, cooked al dente and cooled
8 ounces fresh Ciliegine (cherry size) mozzarella balls, cut into quarters
5 Roma tomatoes, cut into chunks, or 1 10 oz package cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cup fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
1 15 oz can cannellini, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil

Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Whisk together vinegar, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.

In a large bowl combine pasta, mozzarella, tomatoes, beans, and basil. Drizzle with about half dressing and gently toss until thoroughly combined. Adjust seasonings as desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Before serving toss with a little more dressing to refresh.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9801 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post