well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Is Bernard missing?
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is Bernard missing?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted
Big John is looking for Bernard's phone number.
He noted that Bernard has not posted on FB since August 6.
Maybe someone could call his number and report back?

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25710 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
His account got hacked, then he created a new one then that disappeared.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20460 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
His latest post was two days ago. I've been seeing regular posts from him and comments from him on posts by a mutual friend.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Thanks

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25710 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
So I tried refriending the Bernard I can find on facebook, but he hasn’t posted since august 6th, and I think it’s still a hacked account? Today’s post was about contacting him about working from home? I can’t find the other account he said he was going to switch to - does anybody know what his name is on that one?

Smiler Jodi

Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
Thanks for inquiring, CHAS. I'll pm you my phone and you may pass it on to John.

As others have said, my FB account was hacked a month or so ago. I went through the computerized steps that FB has setup for recovering hacked accounts but it failed. They have no phone service whatsoever, so my old account is lost to me for good.

I thought I'd be able to create a new account using a different version of my name, but then I got a message from FB saying I'm going against community standards. I assume it's due to having the old account and the new one pointing to the same email address, but I don't know for sure if that's the case. At any rate, they froze my new account and say I can dispute it but every time I try, it fails.

Bottom line: FB sucks royally. Of course, I knew that already, but the fact that they leave you completely without recourse, without access to a human being to help resolve a hacking, just goes to show how absolutely horrible the company is. It doesn't care one bit.

Long story short, I've decided life is too short to spend hours fretting over an account that was always love/hate at best. And you know what? I don't miss the daily frustration of using FB. I do miss 'seeing' friends though. I wish there was another viable, decent social media platform.

I think I mentioned it last time I posted here that I'm back posting on my blog, for anyone who might be interested in what I'm up to these days. You can leave comments there if you need to reach me. www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com

If you are seeing recent posts from 'me' on FB, know that it is NOT me. I am totally unable to log into FB and haven't done so in well over a month. It bothers me that someone may be impersonating me.

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10573 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
I highly recommend that you unfriend me on FB if you are seeing posts from me at this time. It is NOT me, and whoever it is may be trying to get an in to your accounts as well.

Posts: 10573 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Bernard, do you not have any account at FB at all then?

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18520 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
SK, not that I can log in to. I suspect they are still there on disk somewhere. The one that was hacked may be under the control of the hacker--I don't know. The other one has been frozen by FB.

If I knew who to write to, even, I'd do so. But who? There appear to be lots of people in the same boat and no one has an answer, only frustration.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Bernards account is still active on facebook. I refriended him this morning (thinking it was him) and I immediately got a “hello” message from whoever hacked it. But the real Bernard hasn’t posted since August 6th, and the hacker posted a post today trying to hire people to work remotely. (I quickly unfriended the account this afternoon, and I recommend that the rest of you do too - many of you are still listed as his friends. And if YOUR friend’s list is not set to “private” (so only you can see it) the hacker will be able to make up a fake account with your photo and start sending things to your friends from the fake account.

Smiler Jodi

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
And, good to see you, Bernard. Smiler. I will bookmark your blog.

Smiler Jodi

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Any chance you’d do instagram? I post a lot of photos of what I’m working on there, it’s easier and quicker than updating my blog, and a nice way to stay in touch with my artist friends and what they are up to art-wise.

Smiler Jodi

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Jodi, thanks for the reminder. I checked, my friend list was already private, but it's good to check!

I hate this stuff, and Bernard, I'm really sorry you lost control of your account! Frowner

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18520 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Wow, Bernard, I had no idea. I thought it was you. So sad to hear this because I have always enjoyed your posts. Frowner

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Hey Bernard!

If ya’ll posted here once in a while we wouldn’t be so concerned about your mortality. I myself like your stuff and would like to hear more.

Howz the bird?

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post