well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Fires near Boulder

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fires near Boulder
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted
Over 600 homes burned.
Friends under pre evac order posted a picture of the fire.
https://denver.cbslocal.com/20...63r8lM1wEcBdj_9qDxhA

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25713 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I hope your friends are OK. When we were there last summer (not Boulder per se, but Colorado) it was sooo dry....

Posts: 35383 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I hope Dan is OK.....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37960 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
I’m ok, as is our home.

The home we owned before moving to Niwot is right on the edge of the burn zone in the Superior neighborhood of Rock Creek. If the fire boundary maps are 100% accurate, homes across the street burned but not that one and not our neighbors homes. We’ve heard from some of our neighbors and they all got out ok. No one is being allowed back in yet, so fingers crossed their homes survived.

Posts: 1534 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
The friends that were under the pre evac order took a picture of the fire showing the flames at night from their home.
Seems close enough.

Posts: 25713 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update, Dan. I'm relieved to hear that you're ok.

I really feel awful for those who have lost their homes. I can't imagine going from having a roof over my head to nothing, in a heartbeat.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37960 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Timeline and stories of the fire.