well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    First In and Out Burger restaurants come to Colorado

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First In and Out Burger restaurants come to Colorado
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
And the lines are 14 hours long.

In and Out is good, but not all THAT good. Even so there is always a line of some 20 cars wrapping around the one near me.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34982 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
It has been crazy in my county in Colorado all summer. Trailheads have been crowded and still are. The highways are busy all week not just weekends.
Local merchants are having a great year.
Covid has hit red level. Indoor dining ends at 5pm today.
The governor added a purple level. It is thought that is for the ski areas. They are remaining open with no indoor dining allowed. People can go into the on mountains building for restrooms and to get warm.
The post Thanksgiving Covid explosion may affect our return to Colorado in mid-December.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25727 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Around here chik-fil-a is taking over. And the lines are always long. The one in my town is on a corner at the intersection of two very busy streets at the end of a freeway off-ramp. Traffic frequently backs up onto the ramp with people trying to get in. The city should never have allowed a drive-thru there. There is a central area 12 blocks wide and 12 blocks long where drive-thrus are prohibited. This place is a block outside of the exclusion zone.

And frankly, the last time I had chik-fil-a it was awful. The bun was soggy and the chicken was bland. That was at the Atlanta airport about ten years ago. I used to eat at one when I lived in Florida and it was pretty good.

And I really don't want to give my money to a company that funds hate... even if it is only a few cents per sandwich that makes it into whatzizname Cathy's pocket.

We are starting to get more Sonic locations here. Decent burgers. Really really really good shakes.

While we're on the subject, I have to say something about Five Guys. We are getting quite a few of them here. The fries are great. The burgers are meh. They could do so much better if they used real cheese.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
The can legalize it here if it means we get In n Out.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13566 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
I actually like Chick-Fila's nuggets. The crust is tasty and not too heavy, and the meat is never dry. I just can't eat there any more because of their political views.

I've eaten In 'n Out a few times and I never got the hype. Even those highly touted fries have never been more than okay.

I'm not a fussy fast food connoisseur, as evidenced by the fact that I eat a lot of McDonald's simply because it's convenient. I prefer a locally owned drive-in diner in town, but they're not taking good Covid precautions, so they don't get my money.

My favorite fast food burger can be had at a regional chain in south Mississippi, Alabama, and Louisiana called Ward's. The meat's fresh, the lettuce, tomato, and onions are fresh and copious, and you can get your soft drink in a frozen glass mug if you eat inside.

If you should ever happen to be in Monticello, Mississippi, go eat a burger at Ward's. I inherited a half-share in it from my father, so my sister and I will each get 1/14 of the profit on your meal.

We thank you in advance.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15518 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
My pick for the best fast food burger is Burgerville. Real meat. Real local cheese. Real shakes with real local berries. They have a couple dozen locations mostly around Portland, Oregon. The farthest north one is still 80 miles from my house. It's worth the drive... at least on a nice day on a motorcycle.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post