well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Latest Binge Watch?
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Latest Binge Watch?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Project Runway.

Posts: 24740 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:
Currently enjoying Diagnosis on Netflix, by the medical columnist from NYTimes. But I’m a nerd.

I watched the first and third episodes. Oh, man. What a bummer. So depressing, especially episode 3. Couldn't even bear it to watch episode 2.

I have to say, I'm am surprised that the only way to get a diagnosis for some things is to *ask the whole world*? How can that be? Is the medical establishment that siloed? How is anyone to have confidence in anything if the best medical establishments in the country cannot figure out a diagnosis. It's not like these people are the first people in history to have what they have.

And it reinforced my belief that there is a lot doctors don't know. So if they tell you that you should do ABC and XYZ drug is safe . . . there's good cause to be skeptical.

Posts: 19764 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Just finished "Diagnosis".

I also finished the new episodes of a Swedish show "Bonus Family"

Now happy to see new episodes of "The Let Down" from Australia.

Somehow seeing that life with young children has not changed much. Big Grin

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LL:
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
Edward and Mrs Simpson (from 1978) on Amazon Prime.

I also found out that my library gives me free access to Acorn TV. Lots of possibilities!

Not on prime... rats

I had not heard of Acorn TV. British tv? Anything particular you recommend?

Not sure how you get it through your library. Sometimes I feel so behind on stuff...!

Edward and Mrs Simpson is on Amazon and it's free with ads. There aren't many ads and they're pretty short, so they aren't much of a bother.

Just search for "Edward and Mrs Simpson" and don't filter it to look for Prime offerings. It's flagged as "free with ads".

As far as the library is concerned, you just have to check with your local library to see what electronic stuff they subscribe to. Might be e-books, audiobooks, movies, streaming websites, and other online resources...my library is considered one of the top public libraries in the country so we have access to a lot of stuff that isn't offered at smaller libraries.

edit: Here's how I can get to Acorn TV.

https://www.rbdigital.com/

Your library has to subscribe to RB Digital, and you have to have a library card.

Best thing to do is check on your library's website, or in person at the library to see what they might offer.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37970 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post