well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Latest Binge Watch?
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Latest Binge Watch?
 Login/Join

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Bump!

Here's another vote for Fleabag. We are almost finished with Season One (*loving it!*), and based on what everyone says, Season Two is even better.

Can't wait.

Cindy -- still smitten with Last Chance U

Posts: 19764 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Binging on “Instant Hotel”. It’s Australian and the scenery is spectacular.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34978 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
The second season of Mindhunter is up on Netflix. Mary Anna and I binged that last weekend.

We also both enjoyed Last Tango in Halifax.

Posts: 45757 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
I forgot my absolute fave: The Americans. Six bingeable seasons! Like watching a fabulous unfolding Russian novel.

Sounds good!

Posts: 24740 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
billions, Amazon but only until the end of the month free...season 1
Some wild shots, beware

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
The most recent season of GLOW came out this month on Netflix. It’s not our usual style of tv, but oddly compelling. The characters are just so great. Season 1 was my favourite by far, but 2 and 3 are both enjoyable.

We also recently watched the newly released final season of Orange is the New Black. I didn’t think a show could be more depressing than Handmaid’s Tale, but the immigration focus of the last season of OitNB it definitely competes. Not as strong as early seasons, but the show explores so many important topics and the character development is outstanding.

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4098 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Wild Wild Country (Netflix) -- 6 part documentary about Rajneeshpurim and the takeover of a small town, Antelope, OR. Totally fascinating.

I knew about it in broad strokes, but no details. I was in school at that point, no TV, internet wasn't available (oh the horrors!)

The first episode is a little slow. Just wait.

Posts: 35383 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Just finished binging on “spirited” on Amazon Prime. I loved it.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20467 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Edward and Mrs Simpson (from 1978) on Amazon Prime.

I also found out that my library gives me free access to Acorn TV. Lots of possibilities!

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37970 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Currently enjoying Diagnosis on Netflix, by the medical columnist from NYTimes. But I’m a nerd.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9802 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Oh Nooooooo!

Mr. Sphinx and I got ourselves all settled to watch the season finale of Fleabag. We were so excited.

And then we watched the season finale from beginning to end, and we were so confused. What was going on!

Um . . . we accidentally watched the season finale of Season 2.

Which means we know how it ends *and* we have ruined any suspense in the other Season 2 episodes.

There's something weird about Amazon Prime. When I watch Netflix, it knows which episode you last watched and cues up the next one. For some reason Amazon Prime didn't.

We are sad.

Posts: 19764 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Nooooo! I feel your pain.

What annoys me the most about Amazon prime is that I have to reregister my device every time I want to watch. I have no idea why that's true, but it's super-annoying.

Posts: 35383 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
We enjoyed the last season of Orange is the new black. We've moved on to The 100 which is a futuristic post nuclear war world where young people come down to earth to re-inhabit the world. It's a bit youth focused and thus, a little challenging in that regard, but we still find it involving.

Posts: 9598 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
Edward and Mrs Simpson (from 1978) on Amazon Prime.

I also found out that my library gives me free access to Acorn TV. Lots of possibilities!

Not on prime... rats

I had not heard of Acorn TV. British tv? Anything particular you recommend?

Not sure how you get it through your library. Sometimes I feel so behind on stuff...!

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
Nooooo! I feel your pain.

What annoys me the most about Amazon prime is that I have to reregister my device every time I want to watch. I have no idea why that's true, but it's super-annoying.

I get that once in awhile on iPad but never sign in...I just refresh or shut down and start it again.

I also get the next up on most episodes if it is fairly soon signing in, Cindy.