well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    DeSantis overplayed his hand

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DeSantis overplayed his hand
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
That’s from April 8th and I’m preeeety sure if it were legit the national news would have picked up the story.

DeSantis did overplay his hand though. Have you read the complaint Disney filed in federal district court? It’s a joy to behold.

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I took it as satire/humor, especially after I looked at some of his other pieces.

https://medium.com/@matt.ryana...-accent-1be0881cda2e

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37955 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I just came back to say it might not be a legitimate source or might be satire. Lol.

SO said it wasn't real when I sent him the link. He said Disney will be here when DeSantis is long gone.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
That’s from April 8th and I’m preeeety sure if it were legit the national news would have picked up the story.

DeSantis did overplay his hand though. Have you read the complaint Disney filed in federal district court? It’s a joy to behold.

I haven't.

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
1. The last sentence in the article Daniel linked to explicitly says that it's parody.

2. On the same sentiment, this Slate interview compares the DeSantis v. Disney brouhaha with the Southern Baptist Convention v. Disney brouhaha that happened in the 1990s over Disney extending employee benefits to LGBT employees. The interviewee noted that Disney ultimately won.

https://slate.com/culture/2023...boycott-history.html

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12693 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post