well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Generative Adversarial Networks

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Generative Adversarial Networks
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
Some of the most interesting and unsettling tech news I've heard in a good while. I'd sure like to know where this leads.

The post is from a blog I don't read much any more. The comments after this post are pretty good, but the blog as a whole can be all over the place. You have been warned...

Generative Adversarial Networks.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
My brother works for Dreamworks and says they are already using this technology to make movies and have been for a while. It can also be hooked up to 3D printers and remote robots! Currently in use for ship building, architecture, automotive, and medical. I suspect military use is not far behind.

Yikes! Eeker

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
It can also be hooked up to 3D printers

Don't give markj any ideas!

interesting stuff....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37941 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Alexa!

Compose a piece of music that sounds like Mozart wrote it for Johnny Cash.

ThumbsUp

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
Alexa!

Compose a piece of music that sounds like Mozart wrote it for Johnny Cash.

ThumbsUp

ROTFLMAO
ROTFLMAO
ROTFLMAO

Sounds just like my younger son's experiments with his Alexa.

I'm afraid Alexa (or at least some form of AI) is doing just that with Artwork - i.g., "Alexa paint a Picasso version of the Mona Lisa", "Alexa, redo this photo portrait of my wife as if Degas painted it." etc.

Kind of depressing for a portrait artist...And the Chinese portrait busts just as much even though they're mostly pretty sub-par....So far.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post