well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Pancreatic cancer tumors attack the blood vessels that deliver chemo drugs

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pancreatic cancer tumors attack the blood vessels that deliver chemo drugs
 Login/Join

Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted
https://www.sciencenews.org/ar...atestheadlines090519

"Organ on a Chip" I love this.

A promising development to say the least.

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Fascinating. And hopeful!

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37972 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this link.

My father died about 6 months after his pancreatic cancer diagnosis. The man who was basically my step-father also died from pancreatic cancer, I believe it was about 8 months after his diagnosis. This is definitely one of the worst cancers, and any improvements in treatment -- and the other big one, early diagnosis -- cannot come soon enough.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18581 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
One of our very best friends has just been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer (it has metastasized to his liver) he is getting a celiac plexus nerve block tomorrow to try to lessen the pain. Such a terrible disease. Frowner

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20467 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Oh Jodi, I'm so sorry to hear that! Frowner

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18581 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Lost my beloved Brother in Law....It was horrible.

Hoping at the very least, new discoveries can lessen the suffering..

Jodi, cannabis got my BIL thru the worst of it..still...I would not wish this on my worst enemy...

I wish your friend well.

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
My sister-in-law is now 7 or 8 years cancer free after undergoing surgery and several rounds of chemo for pancreatic cancer. She was incredibly lucky that her tumor was encapsulated and that she got the best possible care.

An old, dear friend wasn't so lucky. He died in horrible agony six months after his diagnosis. He refused to take pain killers because he didn't want his mind dulled. His first book had just been released to international critical acclaim. It took him 8 painstaking years to write it and he never got to enjoy the rewards and recognition he'd earned. Broke everyone's heart who knew him.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21353 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
quote:
That is good news!

Sorry for all who suffer from the disease.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12696 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post