well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Curtains
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Curtains
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Your view out those windows is beautiful, Mik!

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20462 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing those pics, Jodi and Mik, very nice!

Nina, those blinds that open from the top, do they feel sturdy? I always wondered if they break easily.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18538 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45750 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
We've always been "keep the view unobstructed" kind of peopl - even for our bedrooms. To give some privacy, we had 1/2 shoji screens on some places or shades that could be drawn up or down from both the bottom and top, giving the same effect; still see the sky/trees, but keep people from seeing in.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
those blinds that open from the top, do they feel sturdy? I always wondered if they break easily.

We've had top-down/bottom-up in both honeycomb and pleated shades and they were just fine. Hunter Douglas for both. They were opened/closed every day for at least 15 years. I eventually took them down and replaced them with mini-blinds because I wanted better light and view control. I like to tilt blinds up to see outside and get some light while preventing the sun from streaming in and fading furniture. And I can get total darkness for bedroom use. Plus I always felt a little off only seeing the top half of an outside view with the top/down shades.

Amazing how many choices we have....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37951 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Thanks WTG!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18538 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post