well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    What are you seeing on the TP front?
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are you seeing on the TP front?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted
Wednesday was the first time any of my grocery deliveries came through with paper. Most brands still say unavailable, they have one style of two different brands that don’t.

I didn’t test the limits to see if they’re enforcing anything. I just ordered one of each.

Each previous order I did the same but would get a last minute email saying they were out.

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Shelves are still empty here, says the wife who shopped last. We still have plenty, however. Big Grin

Posts: 12543 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
It is my understanding that the problem has been wiped out.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25713 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
CHAS Big Grin

TP is definitely still in short supply here. Three weeks ago, we were able to buy some generic Walmart brand and also another brand (quilted northern?) I don't usually buy. We went to two stores and bought three packages IIRC. At the store were we bought the Quilted Northern, there were maybe five packages left and we took one. This week, Mr. SK went shopping on Tuesday (I didn't go with him) and he said there was nothing, generic or otherwise, in either store.

At one of the stores (the regional chain, not Walmart) a sales clerk told me that they usually get more TP every time they get a truck in (which is twice a week or more) but that as soon as they stock the shelves, the TP is gone in a few hours, or within the same day.

We also have not been able to buy rubbing alcohol or hydrogen peroxide. I really want to have some on hand just in case we get a cut or whatever. But alas.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18567 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
We were able to get a large pack (10 or 12 rolls) of a "real" brand at Albertson's earlier this week.

Costco, Walmart, Amazon? Forget it. I've actually been monitoring Amazon Fresh deliveries and they're basically closed for business. Even if you find some available, there are no delivery windows open. I find it somewhat odd that Amazon can't figure out the last stage of delivery. I thought that was their thing.

Posts: 35383 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
It is my understanding that the problem has been wiped out.

Ole

Posts: 12543 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Nothing.

I think we found one 6 pack about a week ago.

Posts: 24732 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I got the Costco brand TP at Costco on my previous two visits. I now have enough for the rest of the decade a couple months with two women in the house.

Today, none at Costco. They did have paper towels and Kleenex in, though.

I have been seeing "some" at grocery stores, but since I got mine, I haven't paid much attention to what brands or quantities.

Last week Costco also had a large quantity of bidets.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Me, I don't look on the front. Or the back for that matter. I just let it drop into the bowl.

Nothing to see there, move on.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13563 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
What really bugs me about all of this is, we are trying not to go out, not to go to the store any more than is absolutely necessary. So if we can't get what we need when we do go out... Or if the delivery or pick up options were better, we could use that, but those are very limited down here as well.

It's hard not to worry that more serious supply chain issues are on the way. Frowner

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18567 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I bought a case of TP a few weeks ago at a janitorial supply place. High class stuff, individually wrapped like you get in a nice hotel. Cheap. There is a lot of TP in a case and I don’t expect to need any more for a good long while.

Back in the olden days, when I first noticed Home Depot was out of TP, I saw three packs of Clorox wipes and decided to buy two of them for the hell of it. That might make me a hoarder - I have never bought them before. They’re mostly not a available now so if I can’t find any tomorrow I’ll make my own. They’re not complicated - a spray bottle, bleach and paper towel will do it.

Bleach is easy to find, especially in Hispanic markets. The Mexican brand is Chloralen. Seems to be the same stuff. I also have the Shockwave - much better for hand sanitizing as it doesn’t strip the color out of my skin and it smells better.

Nearly all of the stores- except Costco, who requires very specialized packaging - have fresh produce as there are few packaging issues and the supply chain was easy to reroute, although a lot of stores have substituted their normal, pretty, high class veg for what might normally go to food service customers. These large, gnarly veg are what my mom used to buy and they have a lot more flavor compared to what I was buying. This is especially true for those little lathe-turned carrots. I’ll never go back.

Beans, rice etc. are no longer available at big boxes but are plentiful in smaller, notably ethnic, markets and high end stores. You can also find them, along with flour and yeast, at restaurants where they have repurposed themselves as grocers and at restaurant supply houses. In fact, restaurant supply houses are discounting their stock heavily in an effort to clear shelves before the expiration dates.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

YMMV.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34975 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
For Steve..sadly no text, you have to listen.
TP Supply Chain

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
We seriously use so little TP, that we don't even put it on the shopping list. A 24 pack should last us at least 12-18 weeks.

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeeLady:
TP Supply Chain

A decent piece until they decided that Melania is a reputable source. She is not.

Didn’t listen past that.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34975 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
quote:
Originally posted by BeeLady:
TP Supply Chain

A decent piece until they decided that Melania is a reputable source. She is not.

Didn’t listen past that.

I am so sorry..this link does not go to the audio it promotes...Will look for the real link...I suspect it is part of Market Place..

This was the jist of the story...the difference between the two types of TP.

So maybe Home Depot is the place to get

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post