well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    What an incredible mensch! Worth reading about his good deeds

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What an incredible mensch! Worth reading about his good deeds
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted
Alabama receives among the least of any state for Medicaid. Evidently, awareness of his neighbors' life-threatening plights moved him so much, he felt "he couldn't NOT give".

Who knows how many lives he's saved? (It all started when one family was socked with an Epipen expense to protect an endangered child's life - $800??)

Guess that was in the time of Martin Shkreli's shameless jacking up the price, though it was continued under the leadership of further CEOs.

Such people stand in direct contrast to humble altruism such as this sweet man showed for his neighbors (and for me, cheers me up when I think of the heartless greedy-guts who make such life-saving medicine unaffordable.)

He just died at 80 and WHAT a legacy he's left!

Farmer born to poverty, anonymously pays for neighbors' needed medicine for years

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
RIP

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post