well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Daniel Ellsberg

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daniel Ellsberg
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
Daniel Ellsberg Is Dying. And He Has Some Final Things to Say.

The iconic whistleblower reflects on the urgent need for others to follow in his footsteps.

https://www.politico.com/news/...inal-advice-00099639

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37961 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Daniel Ellsberg, the whistleblower who exposed the U.S. government's lies about the Vietnam War by leaking the Pentagon Papers to some of the nation's top newspapers, has died, his family said in a statement on Friday.

He was 92.

Ellsberg's demise came about four months after he announced on Twitter that he had been diagnosed with "inoperable pancreatic cancer."

"I'm sorry to report to you that my doctors have given me three to six months to live," he wrote on March 2.

Ellsberg's family said in the statement that "he was not in pain, and was surrounded by loving family." And his sense of humor, they said, stayed with him until the very end.

"In his final days, surrounded by so much love from so many people, Daniel joked, 'If I had known dying would be like this, I would have done it sooner'," the statement said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/u...er-dies-92-rcna73171

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37961 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post