well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Amazon Prime

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon Prime
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Price is going up to $139 a year. How to lock in the current $119 price:

https://www.cnbc.com/select/am...-to-lock-lower-rate/

I haven't seen a date for the increase, but I imagine it will happen pretty quickly.

The hike goes into effect Feb. 18 for new members and March 25 for those already subscribed

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37941 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
Interesting. Prime for Amazon.ca is $79.99 Canadian. I wonder why there is such a huge discrepancy?

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4092 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Wow. I had no idea there is such a large difference. I wonder why, too.

I'm thinking about dropping Prime. Not sure it's really worth it to me.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37941 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
Wow. I had no idea there is such a large difference. I wonder why, too.

I'm thinking about dropping Prime. Not sure it's really worth it to me.

I wonder about the difference, too. Maybe there are differences in the perks? I am doing a bit of digging and I can’t find any differences. We get the music, books, streaming, free shipping….

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4092 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I'd really like to wean myself off of Amazon (except for Kindle), but the convenience is hard to pass up for anyone who might procrastinate a bit. Hi

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post