well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    I'm sick
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm sick
 Login/Join

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted
I think it's just a cold, but if so, it's a bad one. I did a covid test yesterday and will do another tomorrow (I believe it said to wait 48 hours after a negative time, probably should check that again, my brain is a little fuzzy). I don't have a flu test kit (apparently at-home flu kits exist, but our local CVS doesn't have any). But since I don't have a fever, I'm guessing it's not the flu. Not sure though, because I do feel like I've been run over by a truck...

I haven't been sick since before the pandemic started, I'm still a novid and have not had so much as a sniffle since well before Feb 2020. I forgot how horrid it is.

So please forgive me if I'm a bit whiny. WhoMe

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18847 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Group Hug

Me too. I think it's just a sinus infection, probably self-inflicted from all the wine we drank in Texas last week.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13642 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Hope y'all feel better soon!

When the world wearies and society ceases to satisfy, there is always the garden - Minnie Aumônier

Posts: 38201 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Hope both of you are better soon.
Bob went back to bed this morning with a headache.
We went to the Tucson Folk Festival yesterday. Some of it was great. Hope we did not bring something home.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25841 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone.

I was up to watching the eclipse but now I cannot stop shaking.

I’m going to urgent care and see if I’m a candidate for any antivirals.

Signed, the world’s biggest baby.

WhoMe

Posts: 18847 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Oh, no!

Feel better soon, SK.

Posts: 25174 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Oh no!

Get well soon!

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 35081 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the flu to me. No fun! Hope you feel better soon.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20525 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone!

Well, I went to urgent care. I'm negative for everything (flu a, flu b, covid, strep throat).

But I do have a fever, on the low side but a fever nonetheless. So my home thermometer doesn't work. Good to know.

The urgent care doc said there's something nasty going around, but it should move through me pretty quickly. Hopefully she's right, because there's no meds for this. I mean, no anti-virals etc. I can take tylenol for the fever.

Anyway, I'm hanging on to her comment that it will go fast.

Fingers crossed because I feel awful.

Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Hope you feel better soon!

Posts: 13645 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Sorry about this, SK. I hope you feel better soon.

I had a routine physical the other day, and I asked the doc if I should get a flu shot. He said no, it’s too late for that.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13882 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Did they test for RSV? That's the third of the current triumvirate.

Posts: 12754 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
Group Hug

Me too. I think it's just a sinus infection, probably self-inflicted from all the wine we drank in Texas last week.

You're not supposed to literally inhale it ... Wink

Posts: 12754 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
Did they test for RSV? That's the third of the current triumvirate.

No and I didn’t think to ask. That one wasn’t even on my radar. Ah well, according to Dr. Google, there’s no antiviral for RSV yet, so at least I’m not missing out on something if that’s what I do have.

Today is day three. Hopefully it will start to get a little better. I’m planning to teach on Zoom (bc it’s too late in the semester to cancel classes) and I’d like to not be miserable during class.

The other thing I’m waiting for is Mr. SK to get it. Frowner I hope he doesn’t, but it seems pretty hard to avoid. He’s been sleeping in the guest room since my symptoms started but other than that, we’re in the same house together etc.

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
Group Hug

You're not supposed to literally inhale it ... Wink

Nah. I’m slightly allergic to it. Drink enough and I’ll get congested.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13642 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post