well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    I'm sick
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm sick
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Oh, interesting. Never heard of a wine allergy!

That's not very grape news.

Posts: 12527 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Oh, you crushed it, you did. You must not do it again.

--------------------------------
"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13543 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Big Grin

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
You guys!
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18409 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Shiro, how are you feeling? I’m still congested and coughing.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Absolutely awful. But thank you for asking.

It does seem to be progressing though, I've moved on from the intense running nose and sneeziness and now am in the hacking cough stage.

So that's something, anyway. The near constant headache is the worse though.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised at how awful this is, but I am, somehow.

I hope your symptoms wrap up soon!

Posts: 18409 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Ever since Covid, I’ve had several of the worst respiratory viruses that were not Covid I’ve ever had in my life. It’s like we protected ourselves so well from everything for that little while that they all came back with a vengeance.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20436 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I'd have to agree with that.

Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
Ever since Covid, I’ve had several of the worst respiratory viruses that were not Covid I’ve ever had in my life. It’s like we protected ourselves so well from everything for that little while that they all came back with a vengeance.

Yep, I’m sure that has something to do with it.

First, I haven’t had a cold or anything since before Feb 2020. So, maybe my immune system is rusty.

Second, whatever this cold is, it’s probably just different enough from any cold I had in the past that it’s really hard to get over.

But if this is what it’s going to be like for the next several colds… I may have to go back to 100% masking, because this sucks.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
That’s what I thought, though it’s likely better for your immune system to catch a few milder ones every year.

Smiler Jodi

Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
though it’s likely better for your immune system to catch a few milder ones every year.

No doubt. The problem is, you can't control what you end up with.

I have not yet have covid, and I'm not keen to get it if I can avoid it. I have a family history of autoimmune disorders, and I'm a migraineur, both of which increase my own risk for autoimmune disorders, which I understand increases the risk of long covid.

I still wear a mask when teaching, when in large meetings, when on airplanes. I don't wear a mask when I'm in my office or around my dept., and although we don't eat out a lot, I've been in a few restaurants here and there.

I actually was in two separate meetings last week that were smaller, and I thought, maybe I should get my mask, but didn't. And although you can't know for sure, I would guess one of those is where I picked this up.

The question is, how long am I going to continue this (masking in class and large gatherings). Because I really don't want to get sick if I can avoid it, which has only been underscored by how much being sick this week has really screwed up my life.

Sorry, just ignore me. I feel awful and it's making me cranky.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I’m sorry you are feeling so poorly. It really is awful being sick. I am torn on the masking, I would probably be wearing one if I were in your position. Except for catching Covid last fall at a horse show, I haven’t been sick, though I’ve been pretty isolated at home since mid January with a herniated disc.

Smiler Jodi

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Just tested positive for Covid AND flu b. Ugh.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Yikes, y'all. Sorry to hear you're feeling poorly.

jodi, got an update to share re your back?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37859 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Mik, oh no! I'm so sorry!

I think I'm coming out of it, I still have a cough and my chest is sore etc. but for the most part my symptoms are finally starting to mellow out. And I don't have a headache today, thank goodness!

But I have a weird seasick feeling and I'm super dizzy... hope I'm not getting a sinus infection -_-

Jodi, yes, do give us an update! I hope you're doing ok!