well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Visited an Old Piano Friend Yesterday....

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Visited an Old Piano Friend Yesterday....
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted

I visited Green-wood Cemetery in Brooklyn NY as part of my genealogy research. My original paternal 5th great grandparents who immigrated here in 1841 from Ireland (before the famine) are buried here with their 9 young children who did not make it to adulthood...Four did, all sons, one of whom has a pretty impressive stone here.

Near my gggggrandparents, there was a lovely sight..Bees!! Yes

I added some 'famous' sites, including this one..the founder of my former workplace...the news this week has me checking to see if he was rolling in his grave. Razzer

What a beautiful spot in the city. I spent 3 hours in the 90 degree heat and hardly noticed the time nor temp.

Visit if you can...They have lots of events, arts, history, music...I love it.. Green-wood Cemetery, Brooklyn NY

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
What a beautiful monument. How great for you to be able to seek it out and enjoy it.

Posts: 24778 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's quite the monument! It needs some music/piano-related artwork though!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18601 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Nice! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34988 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post