well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Rising prices disguised.

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rising prices disguised.
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted

Went from 25 to 19 ounces....

What, they thought we wouldn't notice?

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37929 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Picked up a curbside order at Meijer today. The person was telling me how supply chain is getting bad again.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13556 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Yes, that resizing thing has been happening for years. It drives me nuts. Sugar used to always be a 5-lb bag. Now it's 4 lbs. Just an example.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
From the manufacturer (I had to let them know that consumers are noticing the size reduction.)

quote:
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us.

You ask a great question: We have resized our dish liquid bottles based on increased costs for raw materials and competitive benchmarks. This has allowed us to keep the price the same, instead of raising the price on the larger bottle. We believe that our dish liquid works better than most of our competitors so you can get a better clean while using less product.

I hope that this information is helpful. I will share your feedback with our teams.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37929 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Haagen Dazs did that with ice cream.

I just noticed Trader Joe's doing it on some products.

Posts: 45742 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Tillamook has also done it with their ice cream. Container is way smaller.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20460 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Grandma's Cookies, once a favorite of mine despite their odd artificial vanilla taste, has been doing this for decades.

A package of two cookies, each the size of a typical saucer, sold for about $1 in the 70's. The cookie package is still a dollar today but they're about the size of an Oreo.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34969 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post