well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Coolest streets in the world

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coolest streets in the world
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Makes me want to travel, and I'm at the bottom of the list of people who want to travel...

https://www.timeout.com/things...placement=newsletter

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37859 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Cool site!

That reminds me, I came across this article on Facebook about unusual places to visit in NYC. As someone who lives here, I was surprised to see some of my "secret" places listed, and a couple I didn't know. This is good stuff, and she has lots of other travel articles.

Sick Girl Travels

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13803 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
The only one I'm sure I've been to recently is the Miracle Mile in Miami. I was just there last year.

I may have been to those particular streets in Berlin and Park Slope but, if so, it's because Muffin is cool.

I went to Rio decades ago, so if I went to that particular street, it looked a lot different.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15507 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Yep, Miracle Mile is the only one I know I've been to.

Here's the young fellow wandering down the street with his mom and two unrelated children at the 26" mark and getting fitted for a jacket at the 46" mark. This was back in ...... I'm almost afraid to say ...... 1962.

Back to School Shopping commercial for Miracle Mile

I was actually born on the campus of the University of Miami at their "Doctors' Hospital."

Posts: 12526 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
I sure wouldn't pick 18th street as the coolest in Chicago... Pilsen is not far and we've explored it a few times.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7550 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I’ve been on E. 3rd. St. In LA, in fact I did a post on it.

It had started gentrifying at that time and it looks to be coming along nicely!

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34891 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post