well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Wednesday the heater goes on

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wednesday the heater goes on
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted
High, mid 60's, low high 50's.

I don't know about the weather where you all are, but here this is a noticable drop in temperature.

To put this in perspective, tomorrow, Monday, and Tuesday will be roughly highs of 85 and lows of 70.

Posts: 24732 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
This is the first story I found in my freed after I made this post. Lol.

"Florida cold front to bring in blast of cooler, drier air
| wtsp.com" https://www.wtsp.com/amp/artic...50-9fc1-466ba6155e41

Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
45 degrees currently. Been getting colder for the past month. Still have not turned on the heat. It's 66 in the house right now.

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
High was in the 50s today with nighttime lows in the upper 30s. Gorgeously crisp autumn day

We can take ten degrees off those temps come Tuesday.

Time to dig out the cold weather wear.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37961 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
We’re going to take a sudden dip too, so I’m planning to turn on the heat maybe tomorrow just to check it out.

But we’ve had gorgeous sunny days a lot lately, the best of fall weather.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18567 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Thermostat is bit lower than in the winter. Have used the gas fireplace in
the morning for over a week.
There is snow on the peaks, but not much yet.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25713 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Flicked the ‘stat to heat about 2 weeks ago. 68. Setback to 60 at night.

We used to see how long we could go without heat when we lived in CA and generally made it to Thanksgiving. Not so here. Nights are in the 30’s.

Upside is that the basement temp is roughly equal to the temp in the rest of the house when we run the heat. It was freezing in the summer and we ran electric heaters. No need for them now. Currently heating the garage to try to normalize some furniture I bought so the drawers will open. I’ll make a post on that project.

Power here is cheap. Wear long sleeves but heat the house.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34975 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Heat has been on for a couple of weeks here.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13817 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markj:
45 degrees currently. Been getting colder for the past month. Still have not turned on the heat. It's 66 in the house right now.

Good insulation?

A lot of it is what you're used to. Even in NYS we kept it at 68 and I was cold.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Power in HI was $$$. I think it was 45 cents when I moved. Who knows how much it is now.

Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
quote:
Originally posted by markj:

Good insulation?

Scared wallet. lol

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post