well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    President-elect Joseph R Biden Jr.
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

President-elect Joseph R Biden Jr.
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
All the media outlets have called Pennsylvania for Biden, which puts him over 270.

https://www.nytimes.com/intera...ce-call-tracker.html

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37991 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Trump refuses to concede.

https://www.npr.org/sections/l...l-election-for-biden

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37991 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Pleased.

Thank goodness. I thought he was going to run away with it. Sad when he didn't. It's been such a different count down.

Now to get America back to normal...

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post

Bazootiehead-in-training

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Ok, I am so relieved.

Also, f*ck Trump. Seriously. He's a big f*cking baby who needs to grow the f*ck up and get the f*ck out of the White House.

I promise not to cuss when talking about anything else, but I won't be done being angry for a while here....

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18600 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
"I am honored and humbled by the trust the American people have placed in me and in Vice President-elect Harris.

In the face of unprecedented obstacles, a record number of Americans voted. Proving once again, that democracy beats deep in the heart of America.

With the campaign over, it’s time to put the anger and the harsh rhetoric behind us and come together as a nation.

It’s time for America to unite. And to heal.

We are the United States of America. And there’s nothing we can’t do, if we do it together."

— Joe Biden

Bazootiehead-in-training

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
Trump refuses to concede.

https://www.npr.org/sections/l...l-election-for-biden

No one should be surprised by this.

Posts: 35384 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LL:
Pleased.

Thank goodness. I thought he was going to run away with it. Sad when he didn't. It's been such a different count down.

Now to get America back to normal...

Well, kinda. Not every Trump supporter was a racist neo-Nazi. We need to understand why people chose Trump who aren't racists, misogynists or some other bad thing, and reach out to those people as well. Because clearly "normal" wasn't working for them.

Posts: 35384 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
I'm convinced that 'normal' wasn't working for them because of the propaganda media they choose to consume. There is a huge part of the country making choices based on fiction.

How do we fix that?!?

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7558 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Bells are ringing throughout Paris.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30039 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Also celebrations and fireworks in the UK, Canada, and Germany.

https://thehill.com/homenews/c...in-celebrated-abroad

Bazootiehead-in-training

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rontuner:
I'm convinced that 'normal' wasn't working for them because of the propaganda media they choose to consume. There is a huge part of the country making choices based on fiction.

How do we fix that?!?

That is the question that will either save or continue to destroy democracy. Back in the old days, you turned on the TV and got your news from ABC, NBC, or CBS. But compared to today, those were just shades of gray. You read either Time or Newsweek, you subscribed to a Hearst newspaper or a non-Hearst newspaper. The WSJ wasn't a political organ. If you wanted conspiracy theories, mostly to do with UFOs and JFK's assassination, you bought a tabloid at the supermarket checkout.

But now it is easy... maybe far too easy... to consume media exclusively in your bubble. Fox "News" is mild compared to some of the carp out there.

One of my coworkers has all of his radio buttons programmed to the right-wing, the far right-wing, and the extreme right-wing talk radio stations. He talks about the Commie News Network (CNN) and National Proletariat Radio (npr). He parrots Alex Jones. And he recites the right-wing messages as if they are fact.

Reagan killed The Fairness Doctrine and thereby enabled an entire generation of propaganda... FOX, Breitbart, Sinclair, and so many others to take to the airwaves. And the more money you have (especially if your name is Murdoch, Mercer, or Sinclair-Smith), the more you can broadcast your propaganda with no accountability for how corrosive it is.

I have heard for four years that I-1's supporters love him because he "tells it like it is". No. He tells them what they want to hear, what they want to believe, with zero regard for the truthfulness of any of it.

I don't even know where to begin.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30039 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I'm in an online workshop with people from around the country, and one participant apologized in the chat before turning on her mic, and when she did, we could all hear the horns and cheering in the background! Smiler

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18600 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
AMF

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25727 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post